I recently upgraded from a Dash to the 8320 and am loving it. My question is in regards to the os. I have been reading about upgrading the os to a newer version but cant seem to find out if a newer version is available. Currently running 4.2.2.180. There are not any updates from T Mobile at this time. Does this mean I have to wait for T Mobile to update.

Thanks.
    08-23-08 11:45 PM
    I would discourage you from attempting an OS upgrade until you are more familiar with your device. It is not hard, but it is not trivial either, and you don't have to do it right away. Give yourself time and it'll be much easier. The Memory Optimization Procedure linked in my sig will guide you through the steps to find what the current OS for your device is. The procedure is also well worth doing for the memory it will free up. It also helps you get your device OS installed on your PC, which you have to do to install apps. Once you've done the MOP, you'll have a much better understanding of your device and the upgrade process will make a lot more sense.
    08-23-08 11:49 PM
    Thanks for the information regarding upgrading the OS. I will take your advice and become more familiar with my new BB before attempting the upgrade.
    I really appreciate the help.
    08-23-08 11:55 PM
    And I thought I was the only one who bought the Dash. Welcome to CB ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 02:02 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    08-24-08 02:15 PM
    Welcome to Crack-B-Land!!!
    08-24-08 02:38 PM
    welcome aboard!!!
    08-24-08 03:02 PM
    Welcome aboard. The Blackberry Curve 8320 is a much more stable device than the Dash. I had the dash for a total of two days, and then I took it back. It was a horrible device, and the battery life was horrendous. It didn't even last me a full day!
    08-24-08 03:36 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry Froggy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-08 03:41 PM
    08-24-08 03:42 PM
    Hello and welcome to the family.
    08-24-08 04:01 PM
    My mother-in-law has the Dash and she thinks it is all that. She has played with Curve a few times and I think she wants to change over now. Welcome to CB!
    08-24-08 04:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD