View Poll Results: Do you use your BB as your preferred music player?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

20 83.33%
  • No

4 16.67%
    I don't see many folks using their BB for audio/music when at the gym. I'm wonder if there is some reason it isn't the preferred music player?
    09-28-11 09:31 AM
    BB is a great music player.. I used it a lot before I got my ipod touch... I just prefer to use my ipod more for music and media than my bb.. And have my bb battery be spared for more important things like communication.. :-p

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 10:13 AM
    I think they are great music players. I use my Curve for music on the commute to work all the time. The only time I don't is if I've talked a lot or done a lot of messaging and worn down the battery, then I use my touch. But the music player itself isn't too taxing on the battery and the sound quality is great.
    09-28-11 10:55 AM
    Are there concerns about "jarring" it excessively if running/working out?
    09-28-11 12:20 PM
    I've used it as a media player in an emergency (I recently killed my iPod by dumping coffee all over it) but I don't use it as my first choice. Frankly, I prefer my iPod of music.
    09-28-11 12:35 PM
    Yes of course I use the BB as a music player, its an awesome music player!

But when I'm at the gym, I use an iPod Shuffle that I have. Why? Cause it clips to my gym shorts, it weighs practically nothing (I can hardly feel it on me), and just shuffles my playlist while I'm working out or on the treadmill. (I do alot of cardio) Also the wire for the headphones is under my shirt so it doesnt get stuck on any piece of equipment.

If I had my 9900 with me at the gym, I wouldn't be focusing on my workout, I would just be checking my emails, BBM and facebook the whole time. And constantly worrying about dropping it or damaging it at the gym.

But any other time, I use my 9900 as a music player. Even more that my iPod Classic now.

My 9900 syncs with iTunes just fine, I have all my playlists on there, I have Pandora as well as Nobex radio for all my radio stations, and I've got my podcasts on here too. My Berry is always with me so my music, playlists and stations are always with me. And I also have a Bluetooth Stereo Gateway in the car and in the living room, attached to a huge Yamaha 7.1 stereo system. So I can play all the media on my Berry wirelessly, its a pretty sweet setup.

With my 9900 with me at all times, its just more convenient to use it as my primary music player.
    09-28-11 12:37 PM
    I use my Bold as my main music player these days, although I typically don't listen to music at all when running or cycling but I can see where a small ipod shuffle would be better than a BB due to its tiny size and light weight.

I still have a Sansa MP3 player in my car, but I don't ever use it any more since I now plug in my Bold to listen to tunes I've loaded onto it OR I stream Pandora in the car through the BB due to having an unlimited data plan.

I also listen to music and news quite often while walking the dog.

So, yes, my Bold has become my main music player. For me the main benefit is only dealing with one device rather than a phone + a separate music player, etc.
    09-28-11 03:43 PM
    I usually just use my ipod since I have 4560 songs on it (I listen to a bunch of different music). Also, my sd card is only 2 gigs lol that's when Pandora comes in handy
    10-01-11 12:50 AM
    i use it because it has a memory card slot and doesn't require iTunes to transfer songs. i just plug it in and copy it to the phone as if it were a flash disk. much nicer! plus the skip and pause buttons are convenient. certainly nicer than whipping the iPhone from its holster and tapping Home and swiping to unlock, tapping iPod and then Now Playing then Pause. yeesh.

I doubt jarring is an issue with *any* player today. back when iPods had hard drives shakes would cause the infamous 'Sad iPod' error and clicking but that was like a long time ago. not sure anyone uses an iPod THAT old now!
    Last edited by nickdalzell1; 10-01-11 at 01:06 AM.
    10-01-11 01:04 AM
    My 9900 (and previously my 9700) is my only music player, I now only use BBM Music, either with headphones or bluetooth streaming to my car stereo via the blackberry VM-605 handsfree. I only use the built in media player to listen to podcasts, BBM Music has taken over any other music that I had.

I do use it at the gym but as a guy above said, it does interfere lol, I keep bbming or browsing.

Waiting on the kindle app to be updated so I can read again on the cycle machine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-11 03:56 AM
    also my Curve and Virgin mobile unlimited $35 plan allows me to use Pandora in my car which is like having a satellite radio bonus with no extra charge. so long as i have coverage that is. i recommend a car charger if using a BB with Pandora on a long trip as it seems Pandora is a battery hog
    10-01-11 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD