Here is the thing: I have a BB Curve 9300, live in Turkey and have a regular contract and monthly plan for BB (AVEA carrier). I am thinking of switching to a normal pay-as-you-go with a different carrier, and canceling my current contract. Question is: if I do this switch, would I be able to access and use BB Messenger (and email) when I have a wireless connection available? I am asking because when I tried to insert a different sim card in my BB, then the phone would work, the internet too (with wireless, of course), but not the Messenger and Email. Is there something I can do or would messenger be unavailable?
    Thanks very much.
    06-17-12 06:38 AM
    BBM and Email won't work VIA Wifi unless you have BIS activated on your Phone.

Some people have reported that even after De-activated BIS they still continue to use BBM Via Wifi... but to me chances are that is a Glitch,,

Without BIS over WIFI you can only use the Browser..
    bpetrin likes this.
    06-17-12 06:49 AM
    Yep you need a bb data plan or add on with your carrier.
    06-17-12 07:09 AM
    Thanks! When you say BIS, I assume you mean a proper BB usage contract with any carrier, right?
    06-17-12 07:11 AM
    06-17-12 07:13 AM
    I think there was a thread on here that showed you how to get BBM without Blackberry Inernet Service or maybe i read it wrong but the best way is to use a BIS data plan obviously.
    06-17-12 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD