Hello,
    Just wondering about BB Messenger. this is the service that uses PIN numbers right? So I'm wondering if sending messages using PIN to other BB users is unlimited/free or if it counts towards data usage? I thought I read somewhere that using BB messenger between BB users is free or doesn't count towards data usage and that that is the appeal? am I right? I will be using Rogers and they don't even have an unlimited plan so I'm concerned.

thanks and have a great day.
    10-02-07 03:03 PM
    PIN messaging uses data. People say "free" or "included" generally because they have an unlimited data plan, therefore they dont have to worry about overage charges. But you need a data plan to use PIN messaging and blackberry messenger.
    10-02-07 03:25 PM
    Yup....GoDJ said it correctly
    10-02-07 03:31 PM
    Check out the FAQ section. I finally got a post put up on BlackBerry Messnger. It should answer most of your questions. Link to the FAQ section below in my signature.
    10-02-07 04:16 PM
    thanks for the answers everyone. another question regarding messenger: does it use a lot of data? compared to using text messaging for instance?
    10-02-07 04:35 PM
    BBM uses very little data in my experience. I am on a limited data plan so I have to watch my usage.
    10-02-07 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD