Ok... i'm still learning... so take it easy on me.

My coworker just got a BB as well... and we were messing around with the BB Messenger. I somehow manged to add him to my BB Messenger contacts via an email... i think? I know i didn't enter in his PIN... but we were then chatting.

Problem is... it kept thinking his contact info was MY contact info. When i pressed the Menu button, all the things that would say Email *person*, MMS *person*, etc... said my name, not the person i was chatting with.

I don't know how all that happened, so i was going to delete the contact, and readd him... but i don't know where to put in the PIN. I go to Add Contact, select the Use Once option... but it just says "Email:"... i don't know where to enter in a PIN. I've tried looking at the CB 101 article, but it makes it seem like entering a PIN is a very obvious choice... but i can't find it somehow.

Any help is appreciated.
    01-21-08 09:02 PM
    To add via pin the easiest way is to add your buddy's pin to your address book. Then from BBMessenger click on Add a contact. When it takes you to the address book highlight the contact to add (don't click on it) and hit menu. Then select "PIN."
    01-21-08 09:15 PM
    To add via pin the easiest way is to add your buddy's pin to your address book. Then from BBMessenger click on Add a contact. When it takes you to the address book highlight the contact to add (don't click on it) and hit menu. Then select "PIN."
    Oh... duh... i didn't even think of that. I tried doing that, and adding my coworker again, but it seems he is not paying attention to his berry and hasn't noticed it. Or i messed it up somehow and he never got it, lol.

But what if i'm trying to contact someone not already in my contacts list... for example, someone who has posted their PIN in the Post Your PIN thread?
    01-21-08 09:53 PM
    Just do the same thing but instead of highlighting a contact, highlight [use once] and then hit menu key and it will let you select by pin.
    01-21-08 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD