Is there a setting that can be changed so that when someone send me a bb message with bb messenger, that on the main screen I DO NOT get an emoticon? You know, the that appears as VISIBLE sign that someone is trying to contact you ?

I have changed it so that I dont get the vibe, and even if I have set myself "unavailable", it still sends me the message.

Any tips or ticks to tackle this would be greatly appreciated!
    03-09-09 09:08 PM
    yes tell the people that when your unavailable ...to leave you be
    i don't really think there is a way to stop someone from sending you a message thats what get the (smiley)face in yellow
    you can also change ya status
    03-09-09 09:19 PM
    Hmm it seems like you have no intention of using BBM. So if this is true you can use desktop manager to uninstall the program completely. All you need is the usb cord that came with your BB and DM. Go to application loader, add/remove programs and then uncheck bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 09:20 PM
    If you'd like to just block messages you can do this via the Firewall in Options - Security Options - Firewall. If you block PIN you will not receive messages from people not on your buddy list and if you block Blackberry Internet Service you will not receive messages from your buddies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD