I know two people that have Blackberry's. They both use BB Messenger. They both have added me to their contacts but my end only says I have 1/1 contacts. My boyfriend's name won't show up for some reason. I have tried deleting him then re-adding...I even deleted BB Messenger and reinstalled and that STILL didn't work. SOMEONE HELP ME! It has worked in the past but won't work now
    07-16-08 01:09 AM
    are you sending him the request or is he requesting you?
    07-16-08 01:13 AM
    Ok, first off you need to delete any pending requests. Now, while in BBM, press menu>add a contact>type in the PIN and make sure PIN is highlighted>click trackball>click ok. Thats all. Now all he has to do is accept your request.
    07-16-08 06:01 AM
    you should also make sure your bf has a blackberry data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-08 06:09 AM
    We have tried everything. He works for T-Mobile so he has the data plan, etc. When he adds me, I show up in his contacts but he doesn't show up in mine. All of this worked before. I had to reset my phone (take the battery out) a week ago to free up some memory. After I did this he stopped appearing on my contacts. I have another friend that appears under my contacts. I had no problem adding him. Even when my boyfriend adds me or accepts my request the "pending request" disappears and his "contact details" says unauthorized. I have also tried uninstalling BB Messenger and reinstalling. Nothing seems to be working. Something is wrong because I can add others with no problem. For some reason it won't add my BF. Makes me mad because he is the one I text the most.
    07-16-08 08:15 AM
    I have the same problem with my brother. What I do is just leave the conversation with him open, so I can always send him a message on bbm without him being in my contacts. Not ideal, but it's pretty easy and it works.
    07-16-08 08:22 AM
    That's what I am having to resort to but I hate it. I am a bit of a perfectionist I guess.
    07-16-08 08:24 AM
    Yeah I know, me too. I have tried adding him about five times and it does the same thing over and over again.
    07-16-08 08:27 AM
    Try this: Both of you delete all of your contact information for each other including the PIN on your devices and then one of you send a request.
    07-16-08 08:50 AM
    I will try that later tonight. I will let you know how it goes
    07-16-08 06:46 PM
    I fixed the problem with BB Messenger by installing this new OS.

The link is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/wow...amazing-52573/

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

07-17-08 08:52 PM
    If that had not worked, you might have wanted to consider changing your boyfriend.....
    07-17-08 09:05 PM
    If that had not worked, you might have wanted to consider changing your boyfriend.....
    Oh no no no! That would NOT be an option! LOL!
    07-27-08 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD