I have figured out how to have BBM conversations, and how to clear the history or end conversation. But is there a way to "close" the conversation on the other persons BBM as well? Thanks in advance for any help!!
    01-07-09 08:35 PM
    I am not sure I get your question; however, the convo with them should "close" once you end it. That should be the case on his/her BB as well.
    01-07-09 08:40 PM
    No, they need to close the conversation also, you are only closing it on your end.
    01-07-09 08:42 PM
    Friends and I have been experimenting and if we both have our convo open and one of us clears history, the convo is still open in the other persons BBM.
    01-07-09 08:44 PM
    No, they need to close the conversation also, you are only closing it on your end.
    So is there any way to close it on their side as well?
    01-07-09 08:47 PM
    So is there any way to close it on their side as well?
    They have to close it.
    01-07-09 09:02 PM
    Yeah, that was the part I was not understanding. If they do not want to view the conversation anymore, they should just end it. You are not there, so unless they enjoy BBMing with themselves, the end conversation button should be hit on their side as well. Otherwise, the next time you open a conversation with that person, you will appear in BBM twice.
    01-07-09 09:08 PM
    <snip> Otherwise, the next time you open a conversation with that person, you will appear in BBM twice.
    In my experience, not twice - the whole convo just stays open and you can go back to the beginning of the convo, but I've never seen the same person appear as two different convos.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 09:59 PM
    What does it matter if the conversation is left open on someone else's BB. I leave some open sometimes. It is my BB. I also leave some open if I want or need something out of it later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:05 PM
    The only true way to end the convo on both sides is to delete that contact.
    01-07-09 10:24 PM
    Thanks everyone for your help! I was just curious how much control I had over what I said in those conversations. It just helps to know that what is said in there could remain floating around out there in someone else's BBM. Thanks!!
    01-08-09 08:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD