i have an issue that seemingly no one else shares. When a bb messenger chat window is started on my 8120, at certain times that 'chat' holds only one message. upon my receipt of the second message in this chat window, the smiley icon appears, indicating that i have a new bb messenger message. when opening the chat window for this same chat, to view my next message, nothing is displayed except the first message. i have to "End Conversation" to be able to access the second message, and the issue persists henceforth with every message.

Is there something i have to do to that i am unaware of? This drives me crazy!!! Yahoo!, google chat, and AIM work flawlessly, like a normal chat should, but the bb messenger pulls this issue with others in my (T-Mobile) network, alongside contacts i chat with that use Verizon and At&T.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

THanks!!!!!!
    07-31-08 12:02 AM
    Have you removed the battery with the device on and replaced it after 30 seconds since you have been having the problem?

If not, give that a try. Also, how much free file memory does your device have? You will find it in Options > Status

If the memory gets below 12 000 000 bytes, strange things may start to happen, because the memory is to low to operate efficiently.

If your memory is low, read and follow Stoner's Guide to free up some memory.

Stoner's Guide
    07-31-08 12:35 AM
    [QUOTE=tyroni;554694]Have you removed the battery with the device on and replaced it after 30 seconds since you have been having the problem?

If not, give that a try. Also, how much free file memory does your device have? You will find it in Options > Status

If the memory gets below 12 000 000 bytes, strange things may start to happen, because the memory is to low to operate efficiently.

If your memory is low, read and follow Stoner's Guide to free up some memory.

------------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    Ok i have done what you instructed....my file free before i touched the phone was around 58 000 000 bytes. did the battery thing and set the pic mem to 0 and the device mem to 12, not 15.

Ill post how this fixed my situation, but i thank you for your help!!
    07-31-08 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD