I have been having MAJOR problems with my BB Maps and GPS functionality.

I got a Curve (VZW), GPS worked great on BB Maps, then I activated through my company's BES server, and was sent a message that location tracking had been remotely disabled. Spoke with my IT people, they enabled location-tracking, but I haven't been able to get BB Maps to pick up a satellite. I've removed the battery, reset the device...no luck. It stays on "Searching for Satellites" at the bottom of BB Maps. They have no idea how to do it. I've checked the settings, and my location tracking is on, internal GPS is selected, and still nothing.

Can anyone help?
    01-19-09 07:45 PM
    Resend your service books.
    01-19-09 07:51 PM
    is this your personal phone with a BES acount? or is it a company BES.

If its a company BB they might want all resources free to allow the BES to work without a problem.

If its a personal BB I would get on VZW tech support and go thou them, if they can relate it to BES server issues then deal with the tech rep from your company
    01-19-09 07:51 PM
    It's a personal phone activated through my company's BES server.

I tried re-sending the service books today and then removing the battery, re-starting, and still no luck.

Any other ideas?
    01-20-09 07:26 PM
    This helps with mine sometimes. Open bb maps>menu>options>menu>clear cache and reset downloaded data. Also I never get satelites by using the find "my location " command but I do almost every time using the "start gps navigation"command.
    TP
    01-20-09 08:42 PM
    Rumor is that Verizon has disabled the BB internal GPS so that you have to use their VZ Navigator.
    01-21-09 01:37 PM
    Rumor is that Verizon has disabled the BB internal GPS so that you have to use their VZ Navigator.
    The internal GPS works with BB Maps in addition to VZNav since December 2008.
    01-21-09 02:02 PM
    This helps with mine sometimes. Open bb maps>menu>options>menu>clear cache and reset downloaded data. Also I never get satelites by using the find "my location " command but I do almost every time using the "start gps navigation"command.
    TP

Still nothing. Are my company's IT people just that bad, or is there something wrong with what I'm doing?
    01-27-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD