My berry is locked, i've had it on the same password all day, unlocked it numerous times to use it, and now, it won't take my passy.

I've used up all the attempts, but the last one. Is there any way around this, or will it wipe my phone? Can my carrier (VZW) help?
    12-10-08 11:25 PM
    You can pull out the battery and start your attempts over again, but there is no way around a lost password.
    12-10-08 11:28 PM
    OK, just pulled the battery, and it didn't reset my attempts. I'm still at the last one........
    12-10-08 11:33 PM
    If your password has any numbers or capital characters be sure
    you are pressing ALT(for the numbers) or CAP Lock.
    12-10-08 11:37 PM
    yes, i tried that too. thing is, i'm on my last attempt. is there away i can reset my attempts maybe? without wiping my phone?
    12-10-08 11:46 PM
    No, sorry the counter can't be reset.
    12-10-08 11:50 PM
    I'd recommend contacting yout carrier for assistance. Their tech support people may have access to the device that we don't. It's worth a try.
    12-11-08 01:31 AM
    Another good reason for having a current backup of all your data! Cannot stress this enough!!!
    12-11-08 04:57 AM
    Another good reason for having a current backup of all your data! Cannot stress this enough!!!

I second this!!!! I can't tell you the number of times in IT that someone didn't make there backup..

anytime you care about data make a backup as often as possible
    12-11-08 05:04 AM
    I second this!!!! I can't tell you the number of times in IT that someone didn't make there backup..

anytime you care about data make a backup as often as possible
    myself I back up daily. Some people may say that is OTT but that way I will only lose at most 24 hrs data if I do have a big problem.
    12-11-08 05:08 AM
    I second the routine for backups. Also suggest folks keep password backup in the safe. This seems to happen often based on CB threads.
    I am not much help sorry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 05:36 AM
    Start up desktop manager on your computer, conenct your BB, and enter your password on the computer when prompted; that will rule out caps lock or a stuck button on the BB, and if it takes, you can make a current backup.
    12-11-08 08:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD