Can someone please explain to me the difference between BB Link and BB Blend? They do the same thing to me, from what I am reading...or I am just NOT understanding!

Simple, basic terminology please.
    05-27-15 02:36 PM
    They have very little to do with each other.

Blend allows you to mirror your device on your desktop, where Link allows OS updates, backups, media and contact sync, etc.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-27-15 02:41 PM
    Can someone please explain to me the difference between BB Link and BB Blend? They do the same thing to me, from what I am reading...or I am just NOT understanding!

Simple, basic terminology please.
    Aside from being able to transfer files using either program, there isn't much similarity.

BlackBerry Blend allows you to access your files and messages from your phone to your computer and vice versa. When you are at your computer, your HUB messages are all accessible without the need to pick up your phone. You can BBM and text right from your computer and even use the Blend software as an email client for all of your accounts.

The other great thing about Blend is that you can access files from your computer to your device from anywhere. This has saved my **** so many times when someone says that they didn't receive a file that I sent them and I can access it from my Passport, even thought the file is on my computer's hard drive.

I only use Link really for backing up data. Or maybe when I get the new slider to transfer my files all in one go.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-27-15 02:50 PM
    I was wondering this too. I thought Blend was the one-stop shop and that Link was some sort of legacy version of Blend. Maybe its worth trying link for transferring lots of multimedia files to a phone's SD card, because I found Blend to be a bit woeful in that regard... it's slow, cumbersome to navigate and there aren't many ways to sort and filter.

If Link does the job better then that must be worth a go. But why these two tools aren't one and the same is a bit beyond me. iOS syncs iTunes, Windows Phone uses the Windows Phone App, Android uses its thing and Blackberry have two separate programs?

To make sure I understand and am not just doing a silly rant post:

- Blend is for accessing your Blackberry e-mail texts etc on your computer (and a little file transfer on the side).
    - Link is for large scale file transfer and whatnot.

[Edit] This link explains it.
    05-27-15 04:50 PM
    I was wondering this too. I thought Blend was the one-stop shop and that Link was some sort of legacy version of Blend. Maybe its worth trying link for transferring lots of multimedia files to a phone's SD card, because I found Blend to be a bit woeful in that regard... it's slow, cumbersome to navigate and there aren't many ways to sort and filter.

If Link does the job better then that must be worth a go. But why these two tools aren't one and the same is a bit beyond me. iOS syncs iTunes, Windows Phone uses the Windows Phone App, Android uses its thing and Blackberry have two separate programs?

To make sure I understand and am not just doing a silly rant post:

- Blend is for accessing your Blackberry e-mail texts etc on your computer (and a little file transfer on the side).
    - Link is for large scale file transfer and whatnot.

[Edit] This link explains it.
    I really hardly ever used Link. I'm not sure if it is as easy for Mac, but for file transfers from or to my computer, it was always easier just to open up the folders and 'drag and drop.' Link was just an extra step and not necessary for doing that. It was good for backing up and restoring your entire phones settings, messages, contacts, and apps though. And Blend doesn't do this, nor is it meant to.

The beauty of Blend and, it's main use, is that you don't need to 'transfer' anything. You just have the files there. When connected to Blend, I can open up the file manager on my Passport and access all of the files from my computer.

And it can also be used as a communications portal to your computer. I'm sure that iOS sync and Windows phone app work similar to BlackBerry Link (but probably better) but you can't compare them to Blend. It is really it's own thing and, as far as I know, a pretty unique piece of software.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-27-15 06:48 PM
    I have not put 10.3 in my Z30 yet. I did put it in my Z10. There are some things I like better in 10.3, others I can't give up on the Z30.
    I have played with Blend on the Z10 and it is useful. I use Link for backup mainly, and to change devices.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-27-15 09:19 PM
    I have not put 10.3 in my Z30 yet. I did put it in my Z10. There are some things I like better in 10.3, others I can't give up on the Z30.
    I have played with Blend on the Z10 and it is useful. I use Link for backup mainly, and to change devices.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    Just curious... What could you possibly like better (assuming you are on 10.2)??? Everything is better on 10.3.1 from user experience, refinements, speed, battery, tons of new features, not to mention the major improvement in Android app compatibility. I have a Z10, Z30, and Passport all on 10.3.1. Can't imagine going back now; would completely suck!

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 11:50 PM
    Just curious... What could you possibly like better (assuming you are on 10.2)??? Everything is better on 10.3.1 from user experience, refinements, speed, battery, tons of new features, not to mention the major improvement in Android app compatibility. I have a Z10, Z30, and Passport all on 10.3.1. Can't imagine going back now; would completely suck!

Posted via CB10
    Flash (yes, I use it) , touch anywhere to take a picture, calendar.
    The 2 android apps I use don't load any faster on 10.3.1.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-28-15 08:22 AM

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    Use the modified native browser for flash:
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/data/YeahSo/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-28-15 08:24 AM
    Use the modified native browser for flash:
    http://www.filearchivehaven.com/data/YeahSo/

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Will try it on the Z10. (my guinea pig phone). Thanks.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-28-15 08:26 AM
    The 2 android apps I use don't load any faster on 10.3.1.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    Flash could be a valid point I guess if you use it although there are a few options that allow you to use Flash on 10.3.1 so to me that's a wash.

I hope they do not bring back touch anywhere on the camera. Resulted in random shots and now I give someone my phone and can say "tap here to take a picture". Wishy washy to me... personal preference.

I don't use much of the calendar so can't really comment there, but when I updated my dad's Verizon Z10 to 10.3.1 the first thing he did was open the calendar and was like "noooo I loved the calendar". After about a few minutes of using the updated calendar, he actually prefers it now over the older version. He's very stubborn with change lol.

Anyway, I guess it's personal preference, but the long list of everything new and better in 10.3.1 is a no brainer for me. Even just having a damn home screen is enough of an update for me lol; that was missing for far too long!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:34 AM
    Flash could be a valid point I guess if you use it although there are a few options that allow you to use Flash on 10.3.1 so to me that's a wash.

I hope they do not bring back touch anywhere on the camera. Resulted in random shots and now I give someone my phone and can say "tap here to take a picture". Wishy washy to me... personal preference.

I don't use much of the calendar so can't really comment there, but when I updated my dad's Verizon Z10 to 10.3.1 the first thing he did was open the calendar and was like "noooo I loved the calendar". After about a few minutes of using the updated calendar, he actually prefers it now over the older version. He's very stubborn with change lol.

Anyway, I guess it's personal preference, but the long list of everything new and better in 10.3.1 is a no brainer for me. Even just having a damn home screen is enough of an update for me lol; that was missing for far too long!

Posted via CB10
    I will probably have to break down eventually. I keep using the z10 on WIFI to get used to it. My favorite stock app doesn't work on 10.3.1 either.

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>
    05-28-15 12:14 PM