My PB is on its way back to the Blackberry guys because I was facing some hardware issue which hadn't been caused by me but was some sort of a technical error and I had reported it to them prior to the expiry date of my device but during the troubleshooting process I ran out of my warranty period. Anyhow they asked me to send it to them and they'll have a look at it so its on its way now.

My basic question is that since I had reported my problem before the expiry of the warranty period of my device will BB repair it for free i.e under warranty or would they ask me to pay ??

Actually my PB ran out of juice completely and refused to turn on no matter what I did.

P.S I tried almost all the methods available over the internet to revive my tablet but in no vain.

Thanks in advance
    12-05-13 08:43 AM
    I think you're entitle to it.

In general from my experience they make the whole process so difficult at least in Europe that when you brake something it's easier to trash the device and buy a new one, you save yourself lots of hunger and hours waiting on the phone etc. Unless you buy the device directly from a carrier which I never did and they have to support you. I think in Europe a very small percentage of devices are sold by the carrier.
    12-05-13 08:49 AM
    Back in December 2012, BlackBerry UK gave us Bold 9900 owners a free travel charger kit with spare battery both as a way of apologizing for the 9900's less than perfect battery life and as a way of building goodwill for the impending launch of BB10. That kit was worth about �30 at the time. That gesture cemented my relationship with BlackBerry.

Oh to answer your question, well it depends on if they still have any PlayBook stock left. I hope they will continue to manufacture the PlayBook in small quantities but it seems like they have discontinued it so their ability to replace parts will be limited to what they have left.
    12-05-13 08:54 AM
    I think you're entitle to it.

In general from my experience they make the whole process so difficult at least in Europe that when you brake something it's easier to trash the device and buy a new one, you save yourself lots of hunger and hours waiting on the phone etc. Unless you buy the device directly from a carrier which I never did and they have to support you. I think in Europe a very small percentage of devices are sold by the carrier.
    I found the process not too bad here in the US... Tech support did make me do a reload of the OS, which I didn't understand because the issue was the USB connector. So I was on the phone for a long time, and had to call back because I got disconnected. But once she had gone through the "steps", she sent me a box in a few days to ship my PlayBook back in and maybe a week later I got what looked to be a new PlayBook. I was within days of my warranty going out.
    12-05-13 09:00 AM
    Just so that everyone knows, BB is actually kind and considerate to its customers as they have confirmed this to me that my PB has been repaired under warranty in spite of the expiry of my warranty period and they'll be shipping it back soon.

A big thank you BlackBerry
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-20-13 12:18 AM
    BlackBerry service replaced my z10 for a new one because of a failure in the headphone jack, for free. Was pretty stoked.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:38 AM
    BlackBerry service replaced my z10 for a new one because of a failure in the headphone jack, for free. Was pretty stoked.

Posted via CB10
    They're obliged by law to do that.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 05:56 AM
    They're obliged by law to do that.

Posted via CB10
    Well, true, but I'm still stoked...?
    12-20-13 06:30 AM