Just came across this,it's a great read,no mention of BB though! enjoy..:-)
    Hackers warned the Internet would be a security disaster. Nobody listened.
    06-27-15 05:56 AM
    Look how well that worked for Sony when they challenged the hacker world to hack the ps3. It did not go very well and well the top phone hacker in the world couldn't hack BB10 at the last Black Hat, so I dont think many others will try
    Exactly.

Send from the amazing powers of the  Z30
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    06-27-15 06:52 AM
    1: I'm not talking about the method that used a PC browser, or any browser for that matter. This one only uses BBW, and relies on a specific set of conditions to be met on the device for it to be triggered.

2: I assure you, these BARs install and run.

Posted via CB10
    Ok buddy so then hack it and collect your 1 mill then Mr expert since u figured out what the world's best hacker could not not nearly, not any government a organization nothing

06-27-15 06:56 AM
    I think this thread is calling for all hackers to unite and except a challenge like this.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:43 PM
    Ok buddy so then hack it and collect your 1 mill then Mr expert since u figured out what the world's best hacker could not not nearly, not any government a organization nothing

*whoosh*

That was uncalled for. You clearly didn't understand that there can easily be faults in the system unknown to the public.

It's just in fun, dude. This hypothetical hack would need to include privilege escalation (root). Bug I think the overall point, offering $1 million bounty is stupid.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 04:03 PM

Wow.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    06-27-15 04:07 PM

World's best hacker? Honestly your a 12 year old right?

Posted via CB10
    EchoesFX likes this.
    06-27-15 08:30 PM
    If there was $1 Million on the line I think you'd see much more of an effort by these people to try and hack BB10. As of now the market share is so low there really isn't much of an effort to try and do it. If a BB10 phone isn't on BES then its not really secure.
    How so? What if it's encrypted? Of course non-encrypted communications and data downloaded/uploaded isn't secure. So I guess that makes sense. But has BBRY ever been rooted? I guess no one cares to try, though a rooted Passport with custom Cyanogenmod would be cool if it (have mercy) it ever were to happen (I hope not).

What should I do as a common user!?

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 08:53 PM
    World's best hacker? Honestly your a 12 year old right?

Posted via CB10
    Lol...the worlds best hacker is Capn Crunch, no joke.
    06-28-15 02:51 AM
    Because ~99% of mobile malware is written for Android.
    99% of all mobile threats target Android devices | Kaspersky Lab

(Not that many for iOS, and virtually none for WP / BB... - on the PC side we have Windows (a LOT of malware!), Mac (some malware), Linux (virtually none!) -- it is exactly the same, imho. And people do just one thing, if they feel the need for protection: buy some Anti-virus product or get a free one - on Windows as well as Android. Yeah, AVG Free...)

:-D

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    AVG free lol

That crap causes more problems than it solves
    06-29-15 04:04 AM
    AVG free lol

That crap causes more problems than it solves
    Yes, I know, that statement is so true... :-)))

(lol that you spotted it between the lines, I don't have a lot of love for this product)

"But I have Anti-virus..." (still, user's machine is full of adware junk, toolbars and popups... even AVG's own ones, haha!)

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    06-29-15 05:52 AM
    Lol...the worlds best hacker is Capn Crunch, no joke.
    Yeah he isn't doing to well lately.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2014...ch/?comments=1

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by keithhackneysmullet; 06-29-15 at 08:43 AM.
    06-29-15 07:15 AM
    These thread titles with exclamation points need their own sub forum maybe" fan fantasies " or something this is no better that those click bait ads you get online...

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 03:50 PM
    Thanks to ...Snoopy-13367...for posting this link
    Hack iPhone, Win $1 Million: Zerodium's Apple iOS 9 Bug Bounty - Fortune
    it looks to me as though Apple has found a way to finance this company that was created this summer and some of it's proposal for the million payout are similar to my suggestions,I wish BB had the vision to let someone else offer the reward and prosper from all the free media coverage just as Apple is now benifiting,lol
    11-05-15 06:04 AM
    Thanks to ...Snoopy-13367...for posting this link
    Hack iPhone, Win $1 Million: Zerodium's Apple iOS 9 Bug Bounty - Fortune
    it looks to me as though Apple has found a way to finance this company that was created this summer and some of it's proposal for the million payout are similar to my suggestions,I wish BB had the vision to let someone else offer the reward and prosper from all the free media coverage just as Apple is now benifiting,lol
    Umm.. I don't think you understand what is going on.

Apple is not commissioning this security, this is a company out there that profits on secret exploits by selling it to some and selling the protection to others. The guy started the company because there was lots of money to be made, because there are lots of iOS exploits! A company being profitable by finding and exploiting bugs is not flattering to a company.This is clearly showing there is a huge profit to be made and lots of damage as a result.

These guys don't buy up exploits and turn around and hand it to Apple. So I don't know exactly what you're getting on with.
    11-05-15 12:38 PM
    Seems like the Apple crew is getting a lot of publicity from this,I don't think anyone has come forward with a hack and collected the reward so the deadline has passed and it looks as if Apples security has also passed,The company only started this summer and who knows how many hackers have made money from them as rewards vary and are I believe confidential, but clearly from the link the reward is targeting Apple iOS9.I've read somewhere even Apple cant hack this OS,don't count out Companies funding other companies to get them where they want to go,in this case I wouldn't be surprised if Apple is capitalizing on the Bounty of $1 Million which never was paid out,but of course I can't be sure I only see publicity about them which I wish BB had gotten instead,lol
    11-06-15 07:43 AM
    Seems like the Apple crew is getting a lot of publicity from this,I don't think anyone has come forward with a hack and collected the reward so the deadline has passed and it looks as if Apples security has also passed,The company only started this summer and who knows how many hackers have made money from them as rewards vary and are I believe confidential, but clearly from the link the reward is targeting Apple iOS9.I've read somewhere even Apple cant hack this OS,don't count out Companies funding other companies to get them where they want to go,in this case I wouldn't be surprised if Apple is capitalizing on the Bounty of $1 Million which never was paid out,but of course I can't be sure I only see publicity about them which I wish BB had gotten instead,lol
    Jailbreak iOS 9

Jojo, iOS 9 has been jailbroken, just they didn't collect any rewards. Having every single iOS version jailbroken is absolutely bad for security and Apple doesn't need the press.

So I don't think your logic makes sense here. No offense intended, but you're clearly not in the security sector and not aware of strategies.
    11-06-15 12:31 PM
    That's genius Jojo.

The only thing that scares the bejesus out of me is, what happens if they do get hacked.
    They could hire the hacker...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:35 PM
    If they put out a bounty and do get hacked it will look a lot less bad than just getting hacked.... all of a sudden! :-)

�   Ahoy, back on the Passport, ...Privateers! :-)   �
    11-06-15 05:34 PM
    OP's post got my attention. BlackBerry should do this. This would be a big deal. And while at it challenge the other os makers to the same. This is a good way to show the world who's the master. If apple, google, Windows, Samsung, blackphone and who ever else is out there declines to participate it would make BlackBerry look really good.

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    11-06-15 05:45 PM
    Let's not forget it's running Android which they don't have completed control over. So no sense in Insuring Googles OS and if they fail the Media will jump all over this a thousand times more then before leading to one of the biggest Marketing fails of all time.
    11-06-15 06:00 PM
    Never going to happen

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 06:01 PM
    Jailbreak iOS 9

Jojo, iOS 9 has been jailbroken, just they didn't collect any rewards. Having every single iOS version jailbroken is absolutely bad for security and Apple doesn't need the press.

So I don't think your logic makes sense here. No offense intended, but you're clearly not in the security sector and not aware of strategies.
    You are absoultely right but I had a concept and it seems like somebody picked up on it,that's all and I read your link ..jailbreak ..and funny how you mentioned no payment has been paid...RULES>>> now about the last paragraph in the link,I'm a bit confused,lol
    11-07-15 09:05 AM
98 ... 234