- CrackBerry Genius
- 1,562 Posts
BB ID, PIN, video chat with BB10 & Playbook
I'm been mulling this over the past few days, and I'm not sure how they're going to work this. Since RIM is making a switch to BB ID's, which our Playbooks use, and i'm assuming BB10 devices will use as well. Here's a scenario, If someone makes a video call to my BB ID from their Playbook, will it ring on my PB and my BB10 device.....? Will video chat on BB10 be based on BBM pin, but still have BB ID integration....? I know that the PB's have a PIN, but they aren't currently being used for anything other then identification of the device for updates.
What do the rest of you think?Z10
- CrackBerry Addict
12-22-2012, 07:12 PM #2
- 997 Posts
Although this is just speculation on my part, I suspect that BBM on BlackBerry 10 will continue to use PINs as it does currently. You may not be able to video call PlayBook's until they're upgraded to BB10, or maybe they'll roll out a minor update to the PlayBook OS that would allow BB10 users to add PlayBook's using their PIN's (and vice versa), while we wait for BB10 (and consequently BBM) to arrive on the PlayBook.Proud owner of black Z10 (10.1.0.2009) on Telus, PlayBook 32GB (188.8.131.526), and 100 shares of BBRY!
- By DeveionA in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 02-13-2012, 07:20 PM
- By ADozenEggs@aol.com in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 7Last Post: 01-11-2012, 11:46 PM
- By maneatertm in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 1Last Post: 07-08-2011, 10:14 AM
- By davidblumenthal in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 11Last Post: 06-04-2011, 07:03 PM
- By MuruXD in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 2Last Post: 04-20-2011, 04:53 PM