I've been all over the 'net and can't find what I'm looking for.

What I want is a .png or .icns picture of the Blackberry Storm, or the Blackberry Logo itself, so that when I plug the Storm into my Mac, the drive that shows up can be the phone icon itself, rather than the generic "drive" icon.

What with multiple thumb drives, backup external harddrives, etc, I like to assign each one their own graphic.

Anyone know where I can get something like this? Or have on they care to share?

Thanks so much for any help
    05-06-09 06:29 PM
    Take any picture of it off of the net, from like a store or something, and use an icon convertor program. I think mine is pix2icon or something like that. It automatically resizes it for your Mac.
    05-06-09 06:59 PM
    Something like this? The zip is the .icn for blackberry DM
    05-06-09 07:04 PM
    05-06-09 07:19 PM
    Take any picture of it off of the net, from like a store or something, and use an icon convertor program. I think mine is pix2icon or something like that. It automatically resizes it for your Mac.
    Yeah, I've got pic2icon here, but for some reason it's crashing. Even the re-downloaded one crashes when trying to open.

rip and MM, thanks! I'll give those a look-see, too!
    05-06-09 07:33 PM
    Good find there Mama.
    05-06-09 07:37 PM
    Well after finding that Windows icons aren't doable on the Mac (as far as making a folder have the icon as it's appearance, rather than a generic folder), and realising that pic2icon is a PPC application that refuses to run on my Intel machine(s), I started looking into photoshop, mac developer tools (which include an icon maker) and another application called icns2Rsrc I decided to give it a go.

The hardest part was Photoshop. I don't use it, so had to figure out how to make the background transparent.

Anyways, here's the Storm in icon form, so that when I plug 'er in, I'll get this icon instead of a generic folder.

Plus, now I can make my "BBstuff" folder look like my Storm, as well.

*whew*
    05-06-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD