Hello,
    I work in Manila but live in Singapore so I commute quite a bit. I want to get a BB for checking email and phone. I wanna use Prepaid as I am unable to get phone contracts in either country. So I was thinking of getting a Quadband 8320 Curve from Ebay and use a prepaid SIM from M1 in Singapore and Globe in Manila.

My questions are:
    1. I'm sure it will work as a phone in both countries, but anyone have any experience with this?
    2. Will I be able to check my emails (gmail, company email, hotmail, etc)?
    Ebay description says I cant check BB internet, BB messenger, BB mail. What does that mean exactly?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jo
    12-13-10 09:34 PM
    i cant see any problems if you'll be on your company's BES, but if you'll be subscribing to BIS i think its gonna be hard...
    12-13-10 09:49 PM
    I am based in Manila and I use Globe telecoms as my service provider.

I went to Singapore for a few days a couple of months ago, I used the Starhub green card as my sim. I believe only Starhub offers prepaid Blackberry in Sg. I was able to use my BB fully there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 06:41 AM
    Hello,
    I work in Manila but live in Singapore so I commute quite a bit. I want to get a BB for checking email and phone. I wanna use Prepaid as I am unable to get phone contracts in either country. So I was thinking of getting a Quadband 8320 Curve from Ebay and use a prepaid SIM from M1 in Singapore and Globe in Manila.

My questions are:
    1. I'm sure it will work as a phone in both countries, but anyone have any experience with this?
    2. Will I be able to check my emails (gmail, company email, hotmail, etc)?
    Ebay description says I cant check BB internet, BB messenger, BB mail. What does that mean exactly?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Jo
    That would mean either of two things:

1. The blackberry was lost and found, never returned, stolen and blacklisted.
    2. The owner never paid their bill, also blacklists the PIN since the carrier won't release it.

You'll need to choose another blackberry.

12-14-10 06:55 AM
    [QUOTE=jonomo;5863341
    [/QUOTE]

Best ask the person you bought it from Ebay. I hope it's not like any of the reasons that RB stated above.
    12-14-10 07:31 AM
    im from the U.S. & was able to use all functions of my Bold 9650 in Manila & Tagaytay & Cavite but that was with Sprint based here & I had to pay extra to have unlimited internet while there, check out Tagaytay BTW if you have time, very nice!
    12-14-10 08:53 PM
    That would mean either of two things:

1. The blackberry was lost and found, never returned, stolen and blacklisted.
    2. The owner never paid their bill, also blacklists the PIN since the carrier won't release it.

You'll need to choose another blackberry.

I'm thinking these are probably refurbished corporate lease returns... they have like a 100 of these for sale..
    12-14-10 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD