View Poll Results: What route should I take?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get my BB set up now and get a Storm

2 25.00%
  • Get my BB set up now and get a Curve 8330

3 37.50%
  • Wait until July for the Tour and risk not getting a BB

1 12.50%
  • None of the above, ready below for a better way

2 25.00%
    I am not currently, nor have I ever been a BB user; however, I am getting ready to make the move into the BB world and get my first phone. Here's the story:
    - This BB will be a combination work phone and personal cell phone. I will own the phone, but my work will pay the bill for service
    - The carrier my company uses is verizon, so I would probably have to go with either a 8330 or storm right now
    - I currently have a personal cell phone plan through Verizon along with my wife, and am trying to decide whether or not to transfer my phone over to a work plan, or just cancel it outright and start a new one on my work plan.
    - I can do one of those two options now, and have to get either a 8330 or storm that is taken care of by work or
    - I can try and wait until the Tour comes out, hopefully in July, and get the phone then, but run the risk of having my work set me up with a normal cheapo cell phone because I have to have a phone now and it would cost $$'s to switch me to a new phone in a few months.

So here's what I need help with, which of the options should I take? Ideally I think I would prefer to wait to get the Tour; however, I don't want to run the risk of getting stuck with the cheap, whatever Verizon is giving away now, phone.

Any suggestions/advice on what I should do would be appreciated.
    05-18-09 03:13 PM
    What I would do is go on craigslist or ebay and get a curve or pearl for cheap. You can probably find a curve for about 175 or so, then when the Tour comes out, but it and sell the curve or keep it as a spare.
    05-18-09 03:18 PM
    Get a curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 03:24 PM
    Personally, I don't like having a company-issued BB. I like to have the freedom to do whatever I want on my BB without worrying about my employer tracking my every move. Moreover, I don't feel I would be able to use it to its fullest capabilities and take advantage of all the fun stuff it can do.

For that reason alone, I would get my own BB on my own plan and just use a "dumb" phone for work. That's what I do, anyway.
    05-18-09 03:24 PM
    Get the Storm you KNOW you want to.
    05-18-09 03:29 PM
    It's a tough choice, especially after everyone has seen leaked pictures of the next version.
    05-18-09 03:31 PM
    Buy a cruve from Craigslist like stated above. I think you can find one cheaper than 175. Then wait for the tour to hit VZW and sell your curve and get that tour.
    05-18-09 03:35 PM
    I do actually prefer the Storm. I don't think I will have a hard adjustment to it as if I were moving from a physical keyboard style BB, but I am probably a little worried about all the negative feedback I've been hearing about it. I have never been one to send a lot of emails or texts on my phone, but I am expecting that to change a little with my new job.
    05-18-09 03:37 PM
    i got my bb curve for 150 on craigslist brand new... try that
    05-18-09 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD