I can't believe it my bb 8900 fell in the toilet.. My husband shook out the water right away. Then I removed the battery, sim, memory card and let it dry overnight, and presto it's back on and working again.. I am very happy and content right now.. I even in the process of purchasing another bb. Because I couldn't wait til tmobile launched the new bold. I have no insurance and my warranty has expired 2 months ago.. That's why its good to have insurance and once I get the bold that'll be the first thing I'll be doing.. Is getting insurance...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 11:39 AM
    Ironically funny...

Just ordered my wife the new Bold 9700 cause her 8300 fell in the tub while she was giving the kids a bath.

Let it dry overnight, turned it on and its working. Although the CAPS lock comes on occassionally. I'm sure if I take it apart and clean it - it should be good as new. Its gonna make a great B/U unit. I can finally sell or retire the 2 7230's I have in the closet.
    11-11-09 12:02 PM
    I can't believe it my bb 8900 fell in the toilet.
    I always laugh when I see these posts. And I laugh a LOT because there are so many of these threads about people dropping their phones in the toilet. There must be a million people who claim they have dropped their phones in the toilet. I'm sure you are all telling the truth because obviously dropping your phone in the toilet is nothing that would make anyone happy or that you'd want to brag about.

But the bigger question is ...

What in the world are so many of you doing with your BlackBerrys in the bathroom all day long?

LOL.
    11-11-09 12:05 PM
    put the BB in a bag of rice for 24hrs. should dry it out nicely
    11-11-09 12:46 PM
    Well where your addicted to having a blackberry in hand then you should no why. People have their bb while doing the hair. Sitting in the bowl doing your buisness, or just having it in your hand as your getting something.. Yes, it is funny.. My bb is on hand everywhere I go only if on the charger then I don't have it..

11-11-09 12:47 PM
    What carrier do you's have? I have t-mobile and i have to watch till the 16th for it to be launched because they don't have a price yet..

ironically funny...

Just ordered my wife the new bold 9700 cause her 8300 fell in the tub while she was giving the kids a bath.

Let it dry overnight, turned it on and its working. Although the caps lock comes on occassionally. I'm sure if i take it apart and clean it - it should be good as new. Its gonna make a great b/u unit. I can finally sell or retire the 2 7230's i have in the closet.
    11-11-09 12:58 PM
    Didn't have to do that, I just took everything out and dryed over night..
    QUOTE=lyleron;4062999]put the BB in a bag of rice for 24hrs. should dry it out nicely[/QUOTE]

11-11-09 01:02 PM
    my step son dropped my wifes old LG EnV in the toilet once. And it was full of urine! After a good week it was back to normal. LOL
    11-11-09 01:20 PM
    it was full of urine!
    Reminds me of an old saying of an old friend of mine ... TMI (too much information). LOL.

If my BB went for a golden shower, I'd be down at T-Mobile getting a new edition. Even if I fished it out (eeekkk), I'd never get that image out of my head of the thing floating around down there.

Sometimes ya just gotta cut your losses and move on.
    11-11-09 01:41 PM
    Yeah, I'm in agreement with this...

Reminds me of an old saying of an old friend of mine ... TMI (too much information). LOL.

If my BB went for a golden shower, I'd be down at T-Mobile getting a new edition. Even if I fished it out (eeekkk), I'd never get that image out of my head of the thing floating around down there.

Sometimes ya just gotta cut your losses and move on.
    11-11-09 02:14 PM
    better than dropping it in the porta-potty.
    11-11-09 10:43 PM
    hahaha, almost dropped mine in a puddle at work but I caught it as it fell out my shirt pocket.
    11-11-09 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD