Only if those critics actually see the BB fact check...which in my head, they won't, and if they do, they won't care.
    There's something called 'retweet' that works pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:38 AM
    All you naysayers are forgetting one thing: Googe Search. When someone searches something about BlackBerry, rather than just be presented with the wrong information, they'll now also get the BlackBerry Fact Check as well. BlackBerry just needs to optimize this new blog for search engines so they come up on top when a search is done.

Also, BlackBerry has been vocal on Twitter, calling out those who are giving wrong information and asking them to post corrections to their articles. As with the Seeking Alpha article, it's now been removed as Seeking Alpha investigates. Much better than if BlackBerry didn't do anything!
    07-09-14 07:48 AM
    "Facts" don't really count for much in the mobile world.
    07-09-14 08:27 AM
    There's something called 'retweet' that works pretty well.

Posted via CB10
    See previous statement

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3247
    07-09-14 08:40 AM
    Blackberry really needs to push hard to get the marketing going. Even with John Chen in the driver's seat, marketing has been seriously lacking. They need to push the Classic and Passport super hard. They also need to get more information about Blackberry 10 in front of the public.

A good start to get back former Blackberry users would be a campaign to explain that sluggish devices and battery pulls are a thing of the past.

The hardest part was and still is getting third party developers to push out apps and fill up the app store. But usually developers look at where the biggest bang for their buck is and the Blackberry user base needs to grow.
    07-09-14 09:12 AM
    Not dying down yet

Link to this just showed up on my twitter feed from @blackberry

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/07/...linkId=8768542

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    07-09-14 11:32 AM
    Not dying down yet

Link to this just showed up on my twitter feed from @blackberry

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/07/...linkId=8768542

07-09-14 11:33 AM
    And you hashtagger-ish sorts can use

# BBFactCheck

07-09-14 11:35 AM
    What I said was an opinion about FactCheck. However, your point of view is narrow and doesn't explain why it's not an issue.
    Explain "die down".

Do you think BlackBerry PR will stop rebutting false claims?

Do you think they will choose different means to communicate these rebuttals?

If you need to go back and reread what I and others have written. go do that. It's possible you're expecting this portal to be something BlackBerry doesn't intend it to be, and therefore, your opinion of whether or not it will "die down" has no context outside your own point of view... doesn't get much narrower than that.
    07-10-14 12:18 AM
    Explain "die down".

Do you think BlackBerry PR will stop rebutting false claims?

Do you think they will choose different means to communicate these rebuttals?

If you need to go back and reread what I and others have written. go do that. It's possible you're expecting this portal to be something BlackBerry doesn't intend it to be, and therefore, your opinion of whether or not it will "die down" has no context outside your own point of view... doesn't get much narrower than that.
    The hype. I was referring to the hype. That's what's going to die down. If it's not hyped then there's no point. It's like doing the right thing when no one is watching. It's sad but no one will recognise it. I'm expecting blackberry to mainstream anything that helps them change the portrait that the media has painted of them.
    07-10-14 12:45 AM
    When it dies down, I propose a B*t*h Slap to go along with the FactCheck post. Maybe it will be a "Fact Slap"TM. I feel a meme coming on.
    07-10-14 01:45 AM
    They don't which is why BlackBerry needs other outlets to share the info as well. CrackBerry, BerryFlow, N4BB and UTBBlogs and the countless others that are out there remaining and supporting BlackBerry. If you asked most people, I'm sure they don't even know the Inside BlackBerry blogs exist. That's not a slight against the blogs and the people work there, they're great folks but it's just the way it is. It needs further exposure. At the same time, it's an improvement over and above what BlackBerry has done in the past, so there's that.
    Are you saying that Blog post don't get exposure, yet most of CrackBerry is itself a "blog" format?

BlackBerry just needs to put BBFactCheck on their slideshow on the home page and change around their navigation a bit to raise it's profile, if that's what they want. They may be taking it slow until a critical mass of content builds up.

I don't think it's the responsibility of BlackBerry users to actively participate / contribute to this to notify BlackBerry of these things... as a courtesy, fans can link to existing material that BlackBerry has done their homework on and rooted out and debunked with a sound, well-researched article on the BBFactCheck portal. Google "BBFactCheck": first link is to the Twitter hashtag: second is to BBFactCheck | Inside BlackBerry

Or try this: BBFactCheck | Inside BlackBerry

or maybe even set up a phon.es URL for it. Make it super easy for people to access.

Who is responsible for keeping BlackBerry up to date on the falsehoods being spread around the 'net? THEY ARE. Not users. Jeez. I have better things to do than free market research for a for-profit company with thousands of employees.

Here's who should be finding the articles to "fact check:
    - BlackBerry PR
    - BlackBerry Investor Relations
    - Institutional Investors with a significant stake in BlackBerry
    - Pro-BlackBerry "Analysts" that identify factual errors in the course of their paid job duties
    - For-profit BlackBerry "fan" site management (who are already scouring the 'net for related stories, true and false, about BlackBerry)
    - everyfrikkinone else, after they've viewed every cat video available on the entire internet.

This is BlackBerry's responsibility to do the hard work, and make it convenient for those of us who don't like seeing lies repeated as truths to point to, but not necessarily "participate" in.

It's long overdue, but the "success" of the BBFactCheck initiative shouldn't depend on contributions from anyone in from a "send us your tips" bullcrap idea. I bristle at the idea of sending my personal phone video to a for-profit news show for, what "Look, maw! My vid-ee-oh is on the TEE-vee, garshk!". Why are people so willing to do free work for for-profit companies he asks as he types this?

There are literally YEARS worth of falsehoods to debunk: nothing really NEW is being published: there is plenty for BlackBerry Fact Checkers to Fact Check, they can have a hundred distinct pages up on that site in no time.

For s*its and giggles, they could do a wayback machine and take a typical BGR post circa 2012, and debunk it AS THOUGH IT WAS 2012! I don't mean in hindsight! Debunk it with the data and facts as they were on the ground in 2012. That would be fun to read.
    07-10-14 01:57 AM
    The hype. I was referring to the hype. That's what's going to die down. If it's not hyped then there's no point. It's like doing the right thing when no one is watching. It's sad but no one will recognise it. I'm expecting blackberry to mainstream anything that helps them change the portrait that the media has painted of them.
    Hype?

How can you hype up a Wikipedia page? I mean, this is not a product consumers can indulge in. Have you ever get hyped by a revelation that Hitler's mustache is exactly 2 inches long [citation needed]?

BlackBerry fans have always had a hard time trying to prove to people that some articles are blatantly lying, because the company itself didn't try to do so. This time they have blog posts for people to refer to, coming directly from BlackBerry itself. It's the purpose. The hype will only go down along with the desire of BlackBerry fans to fight back when some outlets with low reputation try to discredit BlackBerry to gain traffic

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    07-10-14 02:23 AM
    I don't think it's very 'innovative' to respond to critics or wrong information by means of blog posts. It will get its hype but it will die down, and whoever started this will be the only one reading it.
    I think it will be around for a long time as there are still lots of misinformation still being spread about BlackBerry. A good example here is in the link below which looks at what Good Technology, a MDM competitor to Blackberry's BES is claiming about Blackberry in their advertising.

BlackBerry Fact Check: Setting the Records Straight on Good Technology | Inside BlackBerry

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    07-10-14 02:43 AM
    For God's sake you and your negative attitude! Can someone please report these "depressive" people from Crackberry? Since Mr. Chen have got access to the company and things are going up except some people here who just sit there crying nagging and sending negative vibes over anything.