Is BB ever going to bring Gmail up to where it is on the iPhone, Android, Win7, ect? I can't believe it's 2012 and a BB still doesn't sync Gmail both ways! How hard can it be if every other phone OS has been able to do it so far? To tell people to drop their Gmail account and switch to Yahoo or something else is nuts.

Come on BB. Stuff like this is what makes BB users switch.

lenn
    vrs626 likes this.
    03-05-12 05:58 PM
    Is BB ever going to bring Gmail up to where it is on the iPhone, Android, Win7, ect? I can't believe it's 2012 and a BB still doesn't sync Gmail both ways! How hard can it be if every other phone OS has been able to do it so far? To tell people to drop their Gmail account and switch to Yahoo or something else is nuts.

lenn
    What do you mean sync both ways? sync what? Dont you have an option when setting up the gmail account on BIS to sync contacts and calendars and crap? I know i've seen it. Can't try on the 9810 because it has no BB data plan, just a regular one right now.
    03-05-12 06:00 PM
    I mean when you get a new message on your gmail account right now if you check it on your BB first then it will sync with your gmail account on your computer and show that you've read it. But reading it first on your computer has no effect on your BB. I would have thought RIM would have solved this issue along time ago.

I am a big Gmail user like alot of BB users and this feature is very important.
    03-05-12 08:25 PM
    I don't really have a problem with this. I usually read emails first on my phone, because its always handy. It syncs the other way around which I think makes sense, because you have your phone all the time so you'd check it there first, and then it is considered read on your computer.
    03-05-12 08:49 PM
    Gmail works plenty good enough for me.
    03-05-12 08:50 PM
    There is such "feature" on BBs, but not refreshing constantly. I have noted that (at least for me) the email on the BB will mark as read after reading it first on PC AFTER a new email arrives.

Don't jump on me saying that that won't happen, cuz I've seen it.
    03-05-12 09:27 PM

lenn
    Agree 100 percent. I don't know if it's a problem on Google's end or RIM's, but it's a joke that there is no true two way sync for GMail on Blackberry.
    03-05-12 09:28 PM
    There is such "feature" on BBs, but not refreshing constantly. I have noted that (at least for me) the email on the BB will mark as read after reading it first on PC AFTER a new email arrives.

Don't jump on me saying that that won't happen, cuz I've seen it.
    For me it's hit or miss. Sometimes it will sync after an hour or two, other times it won't sync at all. Either way, it needs to be improved.
    03-05-12 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD