05-25-09 01:50 PM
- I'm thinking of buying a BB Curve 8900 because I'm in need of a new phone and I'm heading off to college soon so I think a BB will be perfect for me. The only thing I worry about is if it can fit my entertainment needs as a phone. I know I'll use it for school to keep up with certain things and for business use but I also want to be able to have fun with it.
Do you think the BB is also a good entertainment device or are there better ones on the market?03-08-09 10:47 PM
- There are definatley better"entertainment" phones such as the Instinct and other high media choices. But a Blackberry offers the best balance as far as getting stuff done, staying organized, typing speed, email as well as media for downloading songs, movies and photos.
For balance, go blackberry03-08-09 10:54 PM
The music player works really well. There are even streaming music solutions that work well such as Slacker.
Unfortunately YouTube doesn't work as well on the BlackBerry as the iPhone due to the way Google encodes its videos on its mobile site and Pandora is currently not available but it still funcitons pretty well as a media player.
Naturally players geared towards this would be better but if media is a secondary item for you; then the BlackBerry wins hands down. It even plays my MP3s that my iPods don't play (variable bit rate I believe).03-09-09 12:15 AM
- amazinglygracelessRetired Mod
fact. I still think the OP would be better served with a device dedicated
and designed to that purpose.03-09-09 12:30 AM
- There are definitely better media phones out there, or maybe you ll wanna stick with a blackberry and mp3 player combo, but the media function on the blackberry sure is handy when its 2 in the morning and you have a 15 minute trek home from the bar. just don't forget your earphones.
I never liked bringing my ipod along when I went out
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-09-09 12:45 AM
- Well I have an Curve 8330 from sprint. Audio as far as MP3s on your SD card for the 8330 works great. Streaming audio from internet is damn good as well and most carriers allow you buy n download music. Some have TV like sprint and you can also check out vids on youtube. But as far as like movies or vid clips on a BB it kinda succz. But realy almost all phones due. But BB is worse if it had maybe coreplayer TPCMP player or something but still almost all phone you have to rip a dvd then format it then put it on your sd card way to many steps to do just to watch a moive.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com03-09-09 03:18 AM
- With my BB I am able to put like Ten tv shows on it, hundreds of songs, many pictures, and slacker radio. I'm at school all day and at the campus gym listening to the radio, sending emails, and everything else I need! Plus with voice notes you can record your professor thus eliminating your need for a recorder, ipod, and portable dvd player. Its all in one useful device, the BB!!!
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
Last edited by joeymusleh; 03-09-09 at 11:01 AM.03-09-09 08:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD