Hi, is there is way lock my BB without having the 10 tries to reformat phone? like an app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-11 04:12 PM
    Maybe an app to lock various individual functions/apps? I'm sure someone will suggest one. But I'm curious, why not use the native password lock feature?

01-27-11 04:16 PM
    Pattern lock?

01-27-11 04:31 PM
    Maybe an app to lock various individual functions/apps? I'm sure someone will suggest one. But I'm curious, why not use the native password lock feature?

Because I have some ignoring friends who try to randomly guess my password 10 times. It will then reformat the phone. Does anyone know other app or a way to rmove 10 tries security?

01-27-11 06:02 PM
    I guess that would be a compelling reason, lol ...

01-27-11 06:49 PM
    01-27-11 06:51 PM
    Because I have some ignoring friends who try to randomly guess my password 10 times. It will then reformat the phone. Does anyone know other app or a way to rmove 10 tries security?

I think your best alternative is to get better friends.
    01-27-11 07:15 PM
    Or just think let them touch my phone.
    01-30-11 03:05 AM
    The BlackBerry was designed from the gound up to protect it's owners's data. This is why it has the ten tries and you are out feature.

Apart from, as has been said, getting friends who have a mental age greater than 5, your best bet is to use your PC to make a Backup of your phone and/or to sync to Outlook, Google, whatever on a regular basis.

A phone Backup will save all your personal data and your app settings. You will therefore be able to Restore your precious personal data if it becomes lost from the phone.

You could do a Backup and then wipe the phone of your data. When your friends look at your phoen, there will be no data for them to look at. My guess is that they will quickly get bored with lookijg at a blank screen. When you get home, simply Restore your data using Desktop Manager.

Lastly, don't let the have the phone. It is not a toy and attempting to crack a passwaord is tantamount to identity theft.
    01-30-11 03:43 AM
    How are your friends getting a hold of your BlackBerry? The only time mine is not on my person is when I'm at my desk and it is in the charging cradle, or I'm driving and it is in the car cradle. Otherwise, it is in my hand or its holster.

Adding a password is just one level of security. Only letting them pry it from your cold dead hands is another.
    01-31-11 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD