Hi. I have 2 Blackberry's - one for work (BES VZ Curve w lots of work security) and one for personal use (BES). I had a VZ BB Pearl for personal use... lost it... and upgraded to the Storm.

I used to be able to synch my contacts and calendar from my corporate account using Device Manager 4.2.1.9 & Desktop Manager 4.2.1.8 on to both the pearl and the curve with no problems even though one was BIS and one was BES.

Now that I've changed to the Storm from the Pearl, neither the Device Manager nor the Desktop manager will connect to the Storm (or even recognize it) even though the computer recognizes it as a music device or something.

I have already restarted the computer and done a hard reset on the BB. The software still works on the BES Curve.

I'm hoping that one of the folks on here has had similar issues and can help me work through them. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Another question -
    Is it possible to have a BIS software and a BES software installed on the same computer? I'm wondering if this is a workaround (albiet bulky).

Thanks in Advance Everyone!
    02-12-09 12:15 PM
    I have this same problem-

I'm trying to update the OS and my DM all of a sudden doesn't recognize my PIN nor my device...

02-23-09 11:09 AM
    Have you tried uninstall and re-install since the device drivers are diff?
    02-23-09 03:32 PM
    Once I changed my setings to allow my computer view my bb and card as mass media storage it synched

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD