I have a 8320 Curve thru work. I also have a 1st Gen Iphone. I want to switch my Curve SIM card over to the Iphone and use it instead so I can view spreadsheets and other attachments that the curve cannot open effectively. I have down loaded the latest versions of Itunes and software for the Iphone. When I swapped the SIM I got a message that it cant be done with out administrator permission because of different enterprise software. I know this is incorrect since 4 coworkers have already made the swap without involving the tech heads. I caller ATT and they said my administrator had to be involved. This is ridiculous. Both are thru ATT and both are data / voice equipped. Whats the secret? With my curve SIM in the Iphone all I get is the screen showing it needs to be connected to Itunes and all I can do is make emergency calls. When I switch the SIM back over to my Curve it runs fine.

Thanks
    02-07-09 07:30 PM
    Maybe your co-workers have special permissions, but if at&t stated you need your IT/administrator to be involved, then that is correct... working around that can lead to termination as it needs to be approved.
    02-07-09 07:34 PM
    Actually I know for a fact they didnt, the Company policy is dont ask, dont tell. If they issue an employee a BB, why would they care, as long as it didnt cost them more $$ ? I suspect this is a way ATT figures they can extort added fees from the customers. The Iphone simply does a better job for what I need then the Curve. It opens excel spreadsheets, has a better keyboard, and better browser, plus it is more secure since when tied to our network it locks down after 10 minutes of non use. The BB doesnt.
    02-07-09 07:50 PM
    Is the iphone unlocked/jailbroken? I had no issues taking the SIM out of my curve and putting it into 1st gen iphone that was unlocked minutes earlier...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD