whats up guys! i just got my bb curve. i had a sikekick,so hears the problem when i put my sim card in i went to contacts and then under the options menu i choose sim phone book and nothing happens!! so i thought all my contacts were still on my sidekick so with the simcard out of my sidekick i turned it on and went under contacts and they were not in there so i assumed they were on my simcard so with my simcard still in my bb i tryed to import my contacts again and nothing!!!! are my contacts just lost or am i doing something wrong????
    10-14-07 04:27 PM
    Try the SIM back in the SideKick again...
    10-14-07 04:41 PM
    sorry forgot to say that i did that to and they were not there!! bumer!!
    10-14-07 04:55 PM
    Strange! So, if you place it in a BlackBerry, and go to the address book, then, menu / sim phone book - what's there, nothing?
    10-14-07 05:34 PM
    correct! nothing!!! any ideas????
    10-14-07 06:43 PM
    Hmm, unless something got corrupted; not sure whatelse to do here...
    10-14-07 07:03 PM
    Hmm, unless something got corrupted; not sure whatelse to do here...
    I don't think there is much else you can do here. Maybe try taking it to your carrier to see if they can pull the data off
    10-14-07 07:08 PM
    thanks fellas!!!!!! ill see what i can do!
    10-14-07 07:21 PM
    Well I had the same problem. From what a tmo rep told me was that I would have to manually put them in. Sorry plus your sim won't save email addys so you would have to type them back over. Good luck with your new curve its great
    10-14-07 07:33 PM
    Well I had the same problem. From what a tmo rep told me was that I would have to manually put them in. Sorry plus your sim won't save email addys so you would have to type them back over. Good luck with your new curve its great
    Hopefully that will work for you. It would save a lot of time compared to reentering manually.
    10-14-07 07:35 PM
    ill give it ago! thanks again! you guys are great!
    10-14-07 08:43 PM
    If you have not done this already, I was talking to a store rep and she told me that they are not able to move contacts from one phone to another like Verizon, however she said that they are able to move contact from a sim card to another.

So you may want to go and see if they can do that, it may be that the sim is corrupt or that simply transfering the info will help out.

Happy hunting
    10-15-07 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD