I have Verizon and need to upgrade one of my phones. I am looking at either the Storm or the Curve 8310. I was set on getting the Storm, however I am reading a lot of negativity regarding that phone, slow, quirky, unresponsive.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum or if this horse has been beat to death, but which phone is more reliable and faster?
    05-05-09 05:59 PM
    Both have their quirks. The Curve is a little lacking on internal memory and can lag a bit sometimes because of this. It also somewhat limits the number of apps you can have at any one time.
    The Storm has more memory and is obviously faster yet still seems to randomly hiccup when doing simple tasks. It also lacks the physical keyboard of the Curve, and it can take a bit longer to get used to typing with the virtual keyboard, but it has a Suretype keyboard in portrait mode which is quite handy once you get the hang of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mrbones; 05-05-09 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo
    05-05-09 06:05 PM
    Each Blackberry is unique, no BB is better than another BB. Each BB is for a different person. Only you know which BB you will use and like the most.
    05-05-09 06:07 PM
    I prefer the curve but you need to spend some hands on time with both to make a real decision.
    05-05-09 06:22 PM
    I have had the curve and now currently own a storm. I never want to own another phone but a storm again.
    05-05-09 06:29 PM
    I guess since Verizon has a 30 "trial" period I will give the storm a shot and see how it goes. Worse case, I have to return it and get the curve.
    05-05-09 07:12 PM
    Can you wait for the 9630?
    05-05-09 07:13 PM
    When is it due to be released?
    05-06-09 06:01 PM
    Hey the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-09 07:03 PM
    I have a Storm, and I love it! Wifey has a Curve, and she loves it! Can't go wrong with either, IMO!
    05-06-09 07:08 PM
    I have had several BB's over the years, and now have the Storm. I love that fact that I can get 16G of music on it. I get VERY frustrated at the "locking up" of the OS. It hangs up A LOT, gives you Java errors and just flat is slow as compared to my friend's IPhone. There are some significant improvements that need to be made (either 3rd party apps or in the OS) before I would buy another one. MANY times I go to a website and it tells me that that site is too large and cannot be loaded. I have another issue that reminds me of my Windows mobile, quite frequently, at least once or twice a week, I have to take the battery out to get it to charge. I have left it fully plugged in overnight (ensured that all connections are secure) and came back and it is still dead. When it works, it is slick, when it "hiccups" - chronically, it is very frustrating.
    05-06-09 07:18 PM
    Can you wait for the 9630?
    That's what I would do...
    05-06-09 07:19 PM
    I LOVE THEM ALL hehe
    Blackberry is the best phone in the world no matter which one you choose!
    i love the 8900 with rogers
    05-06-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";