I have a 8520 curve with all my data on it. And I am selling this one and buying another curve (Getting a good deal). Is there any way I could transfer my BB Pin and stuff to my new curve, as I have all my contacts on this one!
    10-30-10 05:34 PM
    You PIN stays with the device, and your new BB with have a new PIN ( can not be changed!)

Use the Device Switch Wizard in DM and it will clone your phones settings and data on to your new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-30-10 05:36 PM
    As your switching to a new phone it means that you will have a new pin. Use desktop manager to back up your old phone and then restore it onto your new phone. Hopefully your bbm contacts are transferred in that backup and you just re-message your contacts that you got new pin.
    10-30-10 05:41 PM
    Ahh okay. So there is no way I could use my old pin? Damn that sucks. Thanks guys!
    10-30-10 05:42 PM
    Just use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager to switch the data to the new device.

The BlackBerry PIN is hardcoded into the the device and stays with the device, but if you use the Device Switch Wizard in BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then your information will be updated.

For your applications, you may just need to enter the registration code again.
    10-30-10 06:43 PM
    Okay how do I fully wipe my current BB?
    10-30-10 06:51 PM
    Options > Security Options > Security Wipe

edit: and when you do a full device backup, it also backs up your bbm contacts, so you won't have to re-add everyone.
    Last edited by iMiiTH; 10-30-10 at 10:04 PM.
    10-30-10 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD