Hi all im new to site and desperately need help. I've searched for a solution but cant see any threads having the same problem. My screen on the blackberry bold keep scrolling and sometimes it works fine then comes back. This is becoming more regular now and any help would be appreciated. Not very techy minded with phone sorry
    06-05-13 08:49 AM
    Hi all im new to site and desperately need help. I've searched for a solution but cant see any threads having the same problem. My screen on the blackberry bold keep scrolling and sometimes it works fine then comes back. This is becoming more regular now and any help would be appreciated. Not very techy minded with phone sorry
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry!!!
    We would love to help you. Please give us some more information: what type of phone do you have? Which OS are you running? Have you recently installed a new OS or an app? Do you have any idea when this started?

Have you called your carrier to have them troubleshoot for you over the phone?

I would say offhand that its a hardware issue and the phone needs replacement but the answers to these questions might help us some more. So if you could, please provide the information.

Someone here will be glad to help you!!
    Again welcome!!!!
    06-05-13 09:55 AM
    Its the bold 9790 and just updated to most recent iOS from bb site. Its as i the trackpad i stuck on scroll as it keeps rolling vertically. I bought the phone from my friend so the carrier is pay and go sum card and wont help. Thanks for the reply really frustrated with this handset now
    06-05-13 10:03 AM
    Its the bold 9790 and just updated to most recent iOS from bb site. Its as i the trackpad i stuck on scroll as it keeps rolling vertically. I bought the phone from my friend so the carrier is pay and go sum card and wont help. Thanks for the reply really frustrated with this handset now
    Ok let me ask a couple of people to take a look at this info and suggest something.

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-05-13 11:39 AM
    It sounds to me as you may have debris inside your track pad and when you scroll down or click it's the finest thing that sets off the pad. Try going into to settings and changing sensitivity to 10 on vertical. If that doesn't work try a can of compressed air
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-05-13 11:44 AM
    It really looks like a defective trackpad. If the device is new enough, have your carrier exchange the unit. If that's not possible, find a shop that can fix it for you.

And if you're feeling really brave, there are videos on YouTube that show hoe to dismantle the device and replace the trackpad (trackpad and the tools you'll need are not expensive, but I don't suggest this unless you know you can deal with the stress of berry-surgery).
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-05-13 11:46 AM
    I had that once, googled the problem and there was some combination of pressing the track pad several times to reset it or something. That worked for a while but then started again. Ended up having the phone replaced cause it was new. But you should try the resetting track pad thing. I will see if I can find the reference.

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.2354!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-05-13 11:57 AM
    Ok all thanks for tips so far will try pressing trackpad to reset and will also try some compressed air. Maybe cold setting on hair dryer may have same results. As for settings im struggling to find track pad setting looked everywhere
    06-05-13 12:05 PM
    Sorry couldn't find the post with the track pad code, was alles almost 2 years ago

Z10 Rocking 10.1.0.2354!
    06-05-13 12:06 PM
    Thanks for your help guys! Hopefully we can get this fixed without having to replace the device.

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-05-13 12:31 PM
    Hope so as only just bought the phone and as its pre owned seems ive lost some money here. Appreciating the help tho thank you
    06-05-13 12:33 PM
    I had that same problem when I had the bold 9900. Since I was under warranty I just replaced the device. But reloading Os, or putting on a different Os, removing all 3rd party apps, adjusting trackpad settings nothing helped in my case.

Let's hope it's something you can fix.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 12:40 PM