hi all,

i'm going to be receiving my bb bold later this week (it's being shipped out today) and was wondering which OS I should get? i'm so excited!

but since i'm new to the bb world, i was wondering if someone could be kind enough to tell me which OS i should expect to be using?

i hear there are some that are 'unstable' for whatever the reason and was wondering what the majority of the people are on right now. thanks!
    03-02-09 08:49 AM
    I would use the one that ships with your device for a couple days to get an appreciation for how the "stock" version runs. Then I would update to the latest although many will say 237 is the safe bet I have not had any problems with 241 and will be loading 244 today myself. Just be sure to follow the instructions found on this site exactly, delete the vendor file and use DM 4.6 not 4.7.
    Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 09:10 AM
    I suggest .237. Very stable OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 09:48 AM
    I suggest you stick with the one it comes with. If you begin to have problems with what you might think be OS related you can always post us in the Bold forum. Of course you'll try a search beforehand.

If not, we're here to help.
    03-02-09 12:41 PM
    POE makes a very good point, you will be well ahead of the game if you eliminate concerns about beta OS issues.

03-02-09 01:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD