I'm wanting to buy a bold but I would like to know if you can use it as your internet for your laptop teathered and also talk on the phone at the same time? Thanks
    05-21-09 08:46 PM
    you should be able to as long as you are in a 3G coverage area. AT&T's 3G allows for data and voice to operate at the same time. EDGE wont and voice calls will override data sessions.
    05-21-09 08:50 PM
    The BOLD would be an excellent choice for a BlackBerry. Unfortunately, I've utilized mine for everything- except tethering.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:55 PM
    You must be very careful about what is technically possible and what is practical ie would the speed and stability be enough for you to work effectively. As a guide I recently tried to use 3G mobile broadband with a dongle to use with my laptop and found it to be unworkable in important locations because of 3G signal and even where signal was good, speed was not broadband standard. Using a Bold for same basically same purpose I would expert to work well, but it depends what you plan to use the connection for.

05-21-09 09:04 PM
    Sorry a correction to mypost , I meant to type, that I would NOT expect the Bold to work well enough for practical use

05-21-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD