I got a replacement phone today and I did a data transfer from the old BB to the new BB and then i did a restore all thru desktop manager. All of my contacts restored correctly, however I do not appear on any of my friends BBM contact list. I sent a broadcast message to test BBM and it prompted me to re-invite all my contacts.......why? Can someone please help????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 07:38 PM
    It happened to my friend and I too. Something seems to be wonky with the BBM restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 07:58 PM
    BBM is linked to your PIN number, which is specific to your phone. When you get a new phone, you end up with a new PIN number, so your friends won't be able to see you until they update their phone with your new PIN. There might be an easier way, but when I got a new phone I just sent each of my friends a message, which will prompt you to reinvite them. I don't have hundreds of BBM contacts so it only took me a couple of minutes and all was well.
    04-13-10 08:20 PM
    If you use the BBM backup within the BBM app (can be backed up by email or to the sd card) when you restore your new PIN will be instantly updated. I know with BBM 5 the only way your contacts would know you got a new BB is if you told them.

I did this when I got my Storm 2, and whenever I switch between my Tour and Storm. I have it backed up by email, so it makes it really simple. I think the basic backup you do in DM will not do this though, you need to have it backed up from within the BBM app.
    04-13-10 09:09 PM
    When I switched from my 8120 to my 9700, I did not transfer my pin from the Pearl to the Bold. 24 hours after I activated my 9700, I received a message that I could restore my contacts to my phone. Once that went through all of my contacts that I had registered on my 8120 transferred over to my 9700 and none of my contacts noticed anything different.
    04-13-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD