After I do an OS upgrade, the icon for BB App World disappears. It's still installed on my BB according to the Applications menu. I tried turning on "Show all" but it's not in the main menu or in the "Applications" or "Downloads" folders. The only solution I found was to reinstall it. I would really like to have another option than reinstalling BB App World every time I do an OS upgrade.
    Is anyone having this issue and can help me? I'm on a Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.656.
    05-15-10 05:19 PM
    After I do an OS upgrade, the icon for BB App World disappears. It's still installed on my BB according to the Applications menu. I tried turning on "Show all" but it's not in the main menu or in the "Applications" or "Downloads" folders. The only solution I found was to reinstall it. I would really like to have another option than reinstalling BB App World every time I do an OS upgrade.
    Is anyone having this issue and can help me? I'm on a Bold 9700 running OS 5.0.0.656.
    The issue has been well documented and unfortunately the only solution is an uninstall/reinstall. Hopefully BB App World will resolve the issue in the future.
    05-15-10 05:45 PM
    I just upgraded Blackbery app world to version 1.1.0.35 and the icon disappeared! It is still listed on the applications menu. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but there is still no Icon. Anyone have a fix?
    06-12-10 12:00 PM
    I just upgraded Blackbery app world to version 1.1.0.35 and the icon disappeared! It is still listed on the applications menu. I tried uninstalling and re-installing, but there is still no Icon. Anyone have a fix?
    Same here updated and icon has gone!!!!
    HELP

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-10 06:49 PM
    It happened to me too. I keep reinstalling it and it still doesn't show up. Resending Service Books doesn't help. Battery pull doesn't work... No AppWorld I guess!
    06-17-10 03:17 PM
    Here is the only available information on this issue:Home screen icon disappears after an update to to BlackBerry App World 1.1.0.35
    06-17-10 03:23 PM
    I feel so sorry that people cannot get this working. It's truly unbelievable!!!

Not trying to rub it in peoples faces, but I upgraded to the official Optus .743 for my 9700 the moment it was available. After coming online, I lost the .33 icon as I usually have after upgrading to the last few builds. I went to the BlackBerry site and redownloaded .35, as I normally have to do after upgrades. Never had a problem since. Knock on wood. I can actually read the reviews while on WiFi, which I could not do on .33.

I know this is very frustrating to you guys. RIM needs to get it fixed, not just for you guys, but because they, and developers are loosing much money from people who would purchase apps from Appworld.

Hope this is worked out soon...

ATB
    06-17-10 03:58 PM
    There is a thread in the General discussion forum where a guy REinstalled the previous version and that worked. While his url is a Spanish site, you can google translate it and he has links to a zip file with the proper cods (the older app) and to BBSAK to reload the older version.
    06-17-10 09:24 PM
    There is a thread in the General discussion forum where a guy REinstalled the previous version and that worked. While his url is a Spanish site, you can google translate it and he has links to a zip file with the proper cods (the older app) and to BBSAK to reload the older version.
    Whats the link to the discusion?
    06-19-10 01:25 PM
    I don't have the link to that discussion but here's the link to the prior version of appworld. It is a zip file. Unzip and then use bbsak to install the two cod files.
    06-19-10 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD