I find it interesting that many in these forums call Android and iOS users sheep and followers for overlooking BB10 devices without giving them a try.

Now rumors emerge that BB may introduce a device running Android and some of the same people say nope. I will never get an Android, or nope Android is too clunky or there is too much lag, or my favorite so far, Android can't offer BB experience. Now correct me if I am wrong; this device isn't created. How can anyone judge a device that nobody has even seen. Better yet how would you even know if you like or dislike a product you've never tried? The hypocritical rhetoric in these forums proves that BB, iOS and Android users aren't so different. BB users have sheepish qualities just like everyone else. You just follow a different crowd.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-16-15 04:06 AM
    Good point.. I answered "wait and see" on the poll on the front page... if they can do it right and I like the product I might consider it

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 04:09 AM
    It's true though, Android is clunky and there is too much lag.
    anon(2313227) likes this.
    06-16-15 04:10 AM
    Don't really want it for myself, but there probably some huge potential...! :-)

So I voted "no", just looking at myself...

�   Pastaporto aglio e olio... Mmmhhh!   �
    eddy_berry likes this.
    06-16-15 04:17 AM
    Is it? Really? Or are you simply over generalizing-based on a singular bad experience? Imagine if everybody judged BB10 based on their experience with the Z3 or Z10? Would that be a rational sample to judge the OS on?

06-16-15 05:16 PM
    Is it? Really? Or are you simply over generalizing-based on a singular bad experience? Imagine if everybody judged BB10 based on their experience with the Z3 or Z10? Would that be a rational sample to judge the OS on?

The Z10 performance wise is really good and fluid. It's only the duration of that performance that holds it back ie. battery sucks

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 09:51 AM
    Op I completely agree. The certain blackberry users you talk about are the most annoying and use the word sheep because of the majority of market share android and ios users use. What happens when blackberry (if ever) regains a good market share. Do we all become sheep as well? That means those people will have to leave blackberry for a company with low market share. The ****ing hypocrites here are unbearable

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74, GoJaysGo, Witmen and 5 others like this.
    06-17-15 10:06 AM
    The Z10 performance wise is really good and fluid. It's only the duration of that performance that holds it back ie. battery sucks

Posted via CB10
    Truth, I have trouble recalling any days when mine bogged down.
    06-17-15 10:11 AM
    This statement is absolute and all-inclusive, which makes it false. I have a G3 as my daily driver, there is no clunkiness nor lag.
    06-17-15 10:15 AM
    This statement is absolute and all-inclusive, which makes it false. I have a G3 as my daily driver, there is no clunkiness nor lag.
    My Nexus 6 runs smooth as well.

06-17-15 10:30 AM
    I've tried a G3 and S4 and S5. All comparably way better HW than my P'9981(basically a Z10)
    hands down 20 minutes of use later with apps running G3 and S5 lags. The Porsche is fluid 2 days later running Androids apps. If an app acts up i close it and the phone is fine. The G3 and S5 lags the OS even after I use the so call memory manage crap. Which i have to do every 10 minutes or so. Not going to even bother talking about the S4. It is that ****ty.

06-17-15 10:37 AM
    I don't need to try this device. I have tried Android devices from the start and I won't use one. BB10 is my choice. If not BB10, Windows. I will never use Android (it's spyware) or iOS (walled garden).
    thymaster and AllanQuatermain like this.
    06-17-15 10:40 AM
    "IF" it works as badly as the two SG5's at my work and at my house, "AND" I retain the choice of being able to chose Android or BB10, I will choose BB10. In my daily experiences, it's proven more stable.

If this new hybrid works better than the devices I've seen, I would consider it.

As it stands, if BB10 disappears, I'm not sure what I'll do. No other OS is really my happy place. I just like the way BB10 works and hope I always have it as an option.

Posted via CB10
    stevobbm likes this.
    06-17-15 11:48 AM
    Truth, I have trouble recalling any days when mine bogged down.
    Absolutely, I was referring to the Z10 launch with BB10, which has since had many issues addressed with updates. It would be unfair to assess BB10 based on that experience.

06-17-15 12:14 PM
    This is a long-standing problem with certain fans of almost anything - think iOS vs. Android, Xbox vs. Playstation, PC vs. Mac, etc.

For some daft reason, some people feel the need to put down other people's choices in order to justify their own, instead of just reveling in the fact that we have the ability to choose from a variety of such technological marvels - it's a friggin computer in your pocket, for crying out loud. Regardless of which flavour you prefer, it's pretty amazing stuff.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 01:29 PM
    Most of us we use BlackBerry 10 because we enjoy the BB 10 os experience. An Android device is an android device even if is branded by BlackBerry. There are hundreds of androids so we can not wait to see for judging.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 02:24 PM
    pick up any android phone in from the last 2-3 years, and it runs smoother than BB10. 'clunky and lag' ... welcome to 4 years ago, this simply doesn't apply anymore and peoples insistence on saying it means either they have no idea what they're talking about or they're simply parroting arguments that supported their views. Sorry it's just beyond annoying to still be reading this nonsense. People claiming Android is full of spyware, laggy, bloated, clunky, not secure... It's time it stops, My BB10 devices are full of bugs, I still have to restart the device daily because it runs out of memory, a z10 will overheat and slow, my z30, on 10.3.2 is slow, answering a call yields a 4 second delay in the screen doing anything, the hardware buttons, both volume, pause and power all get stuck and / or pressed on accident because they are cheap and poorly designed. I can't use the stock navigation because it's so horribly implemented with bluetooth it's unusable, I've resorted to getting a dedicated GPS unit, Exchange doesn't sync properly, though it does on my other platforms, like Android, searching while in the HUB has 100% stopped working for me, I'm guessing this is the result of a very large amount of emails as I have multiple accounts and have them on "forever" which is the only way it's usable for me, but now that search has stopped working it's not very friendly. The contacts app has ghost contacts that aren't in my Exchange account anymore and won't delete. Same thing with groups. They're in the list, they do nothing when opened and they won't remove. BB10 has a ton of problems, most of all is that some things just don't work unless you wipe the device regularly and the OS is slow, buggy and unreliable. These problems appear after heavy usage over months. I have 15 email accounts, ~2k contacts, and the OS just can't handle my usage, others can.

Edit: headless apps randomly stop working, always, if you update the OS you have to remove them and reinstall, box and Dropbox no longer work at all.
    Last edited by katiepea; 06-17-15 at 05:58 PM.
    06-17-15 02:59 PM
    I'm not sure I agree with you OP. Will this android phone have BlackBerry Hub and will it's multitasking ability be comparable to that of BlackBerry. The answer to those is likely no! Therefore, don't need to try it.

Unless of course it runs both QNX and android then it's worth it, simply for the android camera.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:06 PM
    I disagree.

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers - Jun. 17, 2015

This would be a BFD for Blackberry users.
    Android users blink and move on.
    chgaida likes this.
    06-17-15 03:11 PM
    I disagree.

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers - Jun. 17, 2015

This would be a BFD for Blackberry users.
    Android users blink and move on.
    That's because it's complete FUD. You'd need to be on the same unsecured network as someone trying to use this exploit, and they need to catch your device right when the unpatched Swiftkey does an update. Samsung/Swiftkey has a patch out and being deployed. So the window for this to be a real problem is extremely tiny.
    06-17-15 03:34 PM
    That's because it's complete FUD. You'd need to be on the same unsecured network as someone trying to use this exploit, and they need to catch your device right when the unpatched Swiftkey does an update. Samsung/Swiftkey has a patch out and being deployed. So the window for this to be a real problem is extremely tiny.
    Samsung's keyboard had an exploit that you probably don't need to worry about http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ed-worry-about

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    06-17-15 03:42 PM
    What most crack berry participants fail to recognize is they are so deep in the minority they don't matter. The number of BlackBerry users is declining and when current BB7 users get a new device, more switch to Android than BB10. With that in mind, BlackBerry gains market share by switching to Android while leaving BB10 users behind. Then a percentage of BB10 users would switch to Android because they have to pick a new OS anyway. Supporting BB10 without some acceptance of Android mash-up ensures BlackBerry's eventual demise. The momentum against existing BB10 OS has become too great to exclude Android from the OS equation.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:50 PM
    Samsung's keyboard had an exploit that you probably don't need to worry about http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...ed-worry-about

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Also, that was my source.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-17-15 03:57 PM
    Exactly. Also, that was my source.
    I know. I just posted the link.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    06-17-15 04:00 PM
    So it's okay for Android trolls to come on a BlackBerry forum and trash talk about BlackBerry all they want but it's not okay to for BlackBerry users to talk down Android on a BlackBerry forum? Oh, the irony of it all.

miker476 likes this.
    06-18-15 04:38 AM
50 12