I have just purchased and downloaded bb alerts< It does exactly what I wanted to do and for $12.00 bucks, WOW ! My only question is there is an option... Popup on Notification BlackBerry Alerts requests foreground on first alert sequence when this is checked off. Not sure what this means, I thought it meant the screen would light up and preview the message but it doesn't. Am I missing something ? What does this option mean ? And by the way...you users that are not using bb alerts your missing out on a great little app.
    02-13-09 08:02 PM
    It means that when you get a message say an sms it will say something like 9:13pm you received a text/sms from ........

I dont have it installed, I did the trial and had it set to that option set for about half and hour before disabling it. It will not light up your screen (well it didn't on mine) unless its been upgraded to do so now.

Regards

Trem
    02-13-09 08:15 PM
    I just bought the program as well. Best money I have spend on a program that should have been included with the BB to begin with..but oh well.

I had the pop-up selected but it never lit up my screen. When I pressed the trackball the alert screen was there. Maybe it was just my misunderstanding on how it supposed to work. Now I have it unselected.
    02-13-09 09:07 PM
    Yep, not a big deal but would be nice. Im just happy to have the LED indicators and reminder sounds. Still worth the 12.00 bucks !
    02-13-09 09:23 PM
    bbalerts won't preview the message, but like tremortality said, there is that pop up that lets you know when you got a message/missed call/etc.

if you want your messages to pop up on the screen when you get them, i think the program aerize message alerts is supposed to do that. i've never tried it so i couldn't say if it's worth it but the crackberry website has a trial on the program.
    02-13-09 10:21 PM
    Aerize Alerts sorta works, but it has a lot of problems and it almost seems like they abandoned ship (no word from from the devs for over a month, and they promised an update about 3-4 weeks ago).
    02-13-09 11:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD