No problem connecting via USB. When BBDM searches for paired device, it finds nothing, even though my BB 9700 is paired with laptop (Lenovo x201). When I click Add device, it finds my BB. I highlight the BB and push "ok", but that's where it ends. Window goes back to "searching for paired device".

No problems in Device Manager.

I'm really trying to get Tether to work wireless, as I move around a lot. Tether support pointed out that if BBDM won't recognize my phone, then tether won't either. I've uninstalled/reinstalled on both BB and laptop, and tried all kinds of forum suggestions.

Any ideas??
    10-11-10 01:30 PM
    Have you tried this? My 9700 was having issues with Win 7 Pro 64 Bit, I followed these instructions and now everything is working.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/blu...rry-dtm-262776

"http://forums.crackberry.com/f42/bluetooth-driver-fix-windows-7-64-bit-blackberry-dtm-262776/"
    Last edited by shawnOST; 10-11-10 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Fixed link.
    10-11-10 02:55 PM
    windows xp is a **** of allot better than se7an in my opinion. there's always driver issues and that's the #1 reason why I don't use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-10 05:50 PM
    windows xp is a **** of allot better than se7an in my opinion. there's always driver issues and that's the #1 reason why I don't use it.

Really? I'm loving Windows 7 Ultimate compared to XP. Only had one driver issue that a quick download solved. Couldn't pay me to go back.
    10-11-10 05:57 PM
    Thanks shawnOST, but i looked and all 4 drivers are installed and working fine, according to the device manager...
    10-11-10 06:42 PM
    Thanks shawnOST, but i looked and all 4 drivers are installed and working fine, according to the device manager...
    You've got a phantom device issue. Delete the blackberry or bluetooth device from device manager and reboot, then plug it back in and see if it works. I had a similar problem with all of my USB ports not working.

10-11-10 06:45 PM
    through much trial and error, it now works with the following sequence of events:

1. turn off wireless radios (physical switch)
    2. enable tether on BB
    3. enable Tether on laptop
    4. physically turn wireless radio back on
    5. tether recognizes BB, connects, all is good.

this is the ONLY way that I've been able to get Tether to work via bluetooth.

WTH??!
    10-11-10 07:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD