Hey guys, I've been trying to setup my new BlackBerry 9700 over bluetooth to my desktop via a bluetooth dongle.

The dongle's drivers are loaded by Windows 7 just fine, but it looks as though it is not detecting drivers for my BlackBerry.

Here's a screen shot of what I get when I try to connect it.

I allowed my desktop to be a trusted device on the bluetooth options on my phone and it paired successfully...

Any idea what I can do to solve this problem?
    11-23-09 09:25 PM
    I'm still not having any luck after an hour... does it look like it's because of the phone drivers or the bluetooth dongle drivers?
    11-23-09 09:52 PM
    hey, Im using a blackberry 9700 , and a laptop running windows 7 with a bluetooth dongle. they pair perfectly, I dont really no the answer however im certain its something to do with the dongle, their is nothing wrong with the phone or its bluetooth drivers. Everthing should work as it did on mine. possibly try a windows update for new bluetooth driver software.. or alternatively open your windows 7 bluetooth settings... click on hardware.. select the bluetoth radio... click properties.. select driver.. then driver update. If their is no update available and its not working then i guess u have the latest bluetooth drivers and then its the dongle that lacks compatability.
    11-24-09 01:06 PM
    Yes, I have a feeling it's the Bluetooth USB dongle. I will try to see if it will sync with my laptop which has integrated bluetooth.

Thanks for the insight.
    11-24-09 03:06 PM
    My Bluetooth paired also with my printer and my cars Microsoft Sync.. Love the 9700... Faster and WIFi is super fast with my router
    11-24-09 04:21 PM
    The problem here is that, in order for it to work, the two peripheral devices that you have to update manually, by selecting the option to browse ur computer for the files, then you have to select choose from a list, go to Ports, then RIM, and rim virtual serial port, and it will correct the issue, for 2 of them
    12-12-09 07:01 AM
    hey, Im using a blackberry 9700 , and a laptop running windows 7 with a bluetooth dongle. they pair perfectly, I dont really no the answer however im certain its something to do with the dongle, their is nothing wrong with the phone or its bluetooth drivers. Everthing should work as it did on mine. possibly try a windows update for new bluetooth driver software.. or alternatively open your windows 7 bluetooth settings... click on hardware.. select the bluetoth radio... click properties.. select driver.. then driver update. If their is no update available and its not working then i guess u have the latest bluetooth drivers and then its the dongle that lacks compatability.
    Can you tell us which BlueTooth dongle you are using. Because I am running windows 7 and bluetooth sync has been a hit and miss for me.
    12-15-09 12:24 AM
    i get the same messages but i can do backups thru DM over bluetooth but i cant do anything else

i went and tried the update driver stuff for my laptop and it says they are all up to date and my bluetooth is built in and worked perfectly with my 9000
    Last edited by MattSpartans20; 12-15-09 at 12:37 AM.
    12-15-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD