As with the mirror, direct comparisons between the above, as broad as you want..

Go!

For example bbm does everything the ios8 family thing does with up to 50 members not 6

TO Clarify! NOT (one is great the other sucks) general notes but specific! This is for a project to show to individuals so please helpful comments! Thanks!

Check Out TechCraze
    Last edited by tinochiko; 06-10-14 at 11:54 AM.
    06-10-14 11:18 AM
    First is BlackBerry, second is not.

Edited:

One is called 10.3, the other 8
    Last edited by stevobbm; 06-10-14 at 11:54 AM.
    KDB84 likes this.
    06-10-14 11:22 AM
    First isn't released, second is.
    Neither are released??

Check Out TechCraze
    06-10-14 11:25 AM
    First isn't released, second is.
    Well, theorically, none are released, both can be used by developers.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-10-14 11:26 AM
    Well, in actuality, none are released, both can be used by developers.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296

Fixed.

Posted via CB10
    tinochiko likes this.
    06-10-14 11:28 AM
    10.3 is for BlackBerry and iOS8 is for Apple. Done.
    06-10-14 11:42 AM
    One will get release in the fall, the other.... who knows when Verizon will push it out for me ( or most corporate users that can not load leaked software)

10.3 will be a more powerful and versatile OS.

iOS8 will be simple and usable for the average person, and still mange to do most everything that 10.3 can.
    kbz1960 and Parrillas NY like this.
    06-10-14 03:17 PM
    I mean, one allows you to customize, the other probably still won't allow such capabilities.

One is way more useful than the other. One is just easier to "use," if you're 3 years old.
    06-10-14 03:50 PM
    One will be out to everybody on the same day in September 2014. The other will be out to a few on day one and will take 9-12 weeks to get to everybody. But love both my apple ipad and BlackBerry z30.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-14 04:11 PM
    BlackBerry is coming soon!

Powered by BlackBerry!
    06-10-14 04:55 PM
    Much of what Apple debuted in iOS8 we already have in 10.2.1 on BlackBerry. When 10.3 and 10.3.1 comes out, BlackBerry will have even more features that will put iOS8 out of date before it even hits the market. Plus a 4.2-4.5 inch display qwerty device with specs that may even beat the possible 4.7 inch iPhone 6 coming in the fall. The only thing Apple really has going for it today is iTunes and the App Store, but as Google grows, so does their app & music stores. Android apps already work on BlackBerry, and integration of them seems to only get better with every new BB10 OS release, so that Android content is utilized by BlackBerry filling the app gap even more. Which makes me wonder, with BlackBerry getting better every OS release, and Android already on top with so many diverse hardware choices, why on earth would you buy an iPhone anymore?

Posted via CB10
    moody and tinochiko like this.
    06-10-14 05:07 PM
    Tengo la fina y eficaz esperanza que el nuevo sistema operativo OS 10.3 se pueda actualizar fielmente en todos nuestros dispositivos BB10, espero que el Sr. Chen prepare todo para el gran dia!!
    06-10-14 05:58 PM
    10.3 will be loaded onto my Z10; IOS 8 will not be loaded onto my iPhone.
    moody likes this.
    06-10-14 06:10 PM
    Ya, 10.3 will be also loaded on my Z10. I will not load IOS 8 onto my Iphone. Oh, I forgot, I don't have an IPhone. yuk yuk yuk
    06-10-14 06:25 PM
    iOS 8 will be release to all devices that can run it simultaneously from Apple. 10.3 will not, and users wanting to run official releases will be waiting.
    06-10-14 06:35 PM
    One just works, one has tons of bugs.
    I'm delighted to share with you a long list of stupid Apple glitches across my numerous devices if you're really interested.

And no, I am not suggesting Blackberry doesn't have their own crap to sort out. Just tired of this "Apple just works" garbage getting spewed all the time.

Tell that to my Mac that keeps inadvertantly registering as a new device on iTunes; my iPod that is unbelievably slow, my Airport Express that fails a lot, my iPad mini that randomly rebooted the other day, my Apple TV that crashes on apps all the time etc. etc. etc.
    06-10-14 06:40 PM
    I'm delighted to share with you a long list of stupid Apple glitches across my numerous devices if you're really interested.

And no, I am not suggesting Blackberry doesn't have their own crap to sort out. Just tired of this "Apple just works" garbage getting spewed all the time.

Tell that to my Mac that keeps inadvertantly registering as a new device on iTunes; my iPod that is unbelievably slow, my Airport Express that fails a lot, my iPad mini that randomly rebooted the other day, my Apple TV that crashes on apps all the time etc. etc. etc.
    I have opposite experience. I am using MacBook Pro and iPad and yes there are bugs. But compared to BlackBerry these bug are not as significant.

I am talking about SW bugs, not missing features. My point is that some of these major bugs are well documented (text typing lags, battery calibration, stuck at booting with PIN turned on ect), some for almost a year and BlackBerry doesn't care. That's the core problem, not the bugs but fixing them.

For example problem with PIN turned on: BlackBerry's "solution" according to their's tweet is to downgrade from 10.2.1 to 10.0 (yes 10.0 because 10.1 has this problem too), then disable PIN and upgrade again or use another phone. This problem is known for mentioned year and nobody cares.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and tack like this.
    06-11-14 01:26 AM
    I have opposite experience. I am using MacBook Pro and iPad and yes there are bugs. But compared to BlackBerry these bug are not as significant.
    Don't agree. You should have seen what the performance of my last iMac became when the OS was upgraded. It became so laggy, it was unusable. Ditto for my iPod Touch. Or the migration process between that iMac and my MacBook and it's multiple failure points. It took forever to work, often quit during the process and introduced all kinds of drive errors that made my brand new MacBook pro excrutiatingly slow. I have messed contacts on my BlackBerry which irritate the hell out of me, but then have messed contacts on my Mac and my ioS devices also. iMessage has this awesome routing feature that (in theory) lets you start on one device and continue on another ... but it's constantly out of sync.

And as you note with BlackBerry, many of these things don't really get fixed either.

I'm sure it's ultimately for the same reason ... not that they don't care, just that there are others they focus on first.
    06-11-14 06:19 AM
    Tengo la fina y eficaz esperanza que el nuevo sistema operativo OS 10.3 se pueda actualizar fielmente en todos nuestros dispositivos BB10, espero que el Sr. Chen prepare todo para el gran dia!!
    Seria un gran triunfo si BlackBerry pudiera lanzar el nuevo sistema a todos sus clients al mismo tiempo, como lo logra Apple. Ademas, que se anuncien y se lancen los nuevos modelos en una forma sincronizada.

Esos son los detalles donde BlackBerry falla.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-11-14 06:39 AM
    I hope 10.3 brings loads of improvements and new features. If iOS 8 closes the gap on multitasking, which to me is one of the biggest BlackBerry strengths, that won't be so good for BlackBerry!

Posted via Z10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    06-11-14 07:05 AM

Then why do you buy all of those Apple products?
    imz, mikeo007 and boeingrules like this.
    06-11-14 07:18 AM
    One will get release in the fall, the other.... who knows when Verizon will push it out for me ( or most corporate users that can not load leaked software)

10.3 will be a more powerful and versatile OS.

iOS8 will be simple and usable for the average person, and still mange to do most everything that 10.3 can.
    very positive towards blackberry comment from you, I kinda like it :P
    kbz1960 and Ecm like this.
    06-11-14 09:02 AM

One just works, one has tons of bugs.

On company is capable to fix problem, one not.

Posted via CB10
    how about I just end this debate with this:

Sloppy UI (new pictures every day since launch)
    With all the glitz and bugs in that OS, I can now believe that a 10 year old made it. iOS6 was much better and stable.

Game over stop fighting about it now

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are now talking about iOS8 vs BB10.3.
    - I do like how iOS8 is opening up the API which is what BB10 should do with themes and etc.
    - I also like how Apple is connecting apps which BB10 has been doing forever but further more needs to be integrated in BB10 as well.
    - Toast notifications are on BB10 already but hopefully 10.3 will give that API to devs like Apple is
    -Headless/Hub Integration needs to be easier for BB10 dev
    - Fuse/Blend will kill iCloud which is what I'm hoping to have. Hopefully Blackberry Protect goes back to a cloud service and compliments Blend
    - BB10 needs to take a look at Accompli and steal back the rest of Accomplis innovations and apply it back to the HUB (yes I know this isn't an iOS8 feature but I'm just saying what I want for 10.3 release)
    Last edited by khehl; 06-11-14 at 09:22 AM.
    tinochiko likes this.
    06-11-14 09:03 AM
    One is a popular, functional and beautifully designed OS, the other one is BlackBerry
    Ya, who stole the design from playbook!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-14 09:04 AM
    Ya, who stole the design from playbook!

Posted via CB10
    Yes, iOS8 was stolen from the Playbook :scratching head
    06-11-14 09:18 AM
55 123