Does anyone have any new info on what this handy dandy little option is doing?

I've had 7.1 for a little bit now on my 9860 and have tried it on and off, and I have not noticed any difference. I've gone through a day with it on, and with it off, and have had about the same results.

I've also tested turning the brightness on my phone up with it on, making the time out on the back light longer, and the batter saving mode seems to have no effect on anything.

I was originally thinking that this option might prevent the back light from getting brighter in bright lighting environments or something, but even with it on my back light seems to be acting exactly the same as with it off.

My battery generally drains anywhere from 2%-5% per hour depending on usage (device analyzer) with or without the battery saver on. I just can't seem to notice the battery saver doing anything.
    03-03-12 05:26 PM
    I guess the saver mode is really good when you reach a certain amount of residual power.
    I'm no tech but I can tell that prior the 7.1 I would never omit charging my 9900 every night... Now, I've experienced a 2 days moderated usage without charge. My stting is the default:20%.
    03-04-12 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD