View Poll Results: Is the battery pull problem acceptable?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • If they don't fix it soon I'll go crazy

6 13.64%
  • It's annoying but I have faith RIM is feverishly working on it.

15 34.09%
  • It doesn't bother me

23 52.27%
    People actually physically remove their batteries? I thought that was what QuickPull was for. I've hardly had a real need to do a battery pull, but do have QuickPull scheduled daily for about one hour prior to my waking up though.
    Last edited by stew721; 09-10-09 at 10:48 PM.
    09-10-09 10:44 PM
    I get the OP point. We shouldn't have to do battery pulls. I do them from time to time as needed and I am concerned about the flimsy door hooks on my 8320. I read a number of people on these boards say that the Quick Pull app is NOT the same as a battery pull it's more like hitting the alt/right shift/delete buttons. Besides sometimes the phone locks up and you can't get the Quick Pull app on the screen. BlackBerry could design a better solution.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 10:46 PM
    I get the OP point. We shouldn't have to do battery pulls. I do them from time to time as needed and I am concerned about the flimsy door hooks on my 8320. I read a number of people on these boards say that the Quick Pull app is NOT the same as a battery pull it's more like hitting the alt/right shift/delete buttons. Besides sometimes the phone locks up and you can't get the Quick Pull app on the screen. BlackBerry could design a better solution.

Just to clear the issue about why you need to pull the battery and not just on BB's, its so the system can reset itself when software issues develop. If you call tech support they will ask you have you pulled your battery to see if that fixes whatever issue you were experiencing at the moment. IMHO!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-10-09 10:51 PM
    Ironically once I took one of those battery pull programs off my BB my need for doing a battery pull dropped to like once a month instead of once every other day.....
    09-11-09 05:31 AM
    Download quickpull from the App store.
    09-11-09 12:31 PM
    Doing a battery pull every once in a while doesn't bother me at all. I used
    to do it daily when I was using an 8310 because memory would run low.
    Especially with all the apps that I used to run. I was in the same habit when
    I got my Bold but lately have hardly done it. Same goes for my 8900 as well.

I've shifted away from being the battery pull degenerate that I was and
    really only do it now when the phone is running slow or a deletion or addition
    of an app requires it. But that doesn't involve a physical battery pull.
    09-11-09 12:44 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD