Recently my 8300 began to have a buzz and/or whine during phone calls. Even the speakerphone was distorted and noisy. I'd twist my head, go outside, bonk the phone, etc. all to no avail. the buzzing and whining would come and go without reason. I eventually decided the phone had an internal problem and just replaced it with another new'ish one. I transferred the sim/memory and battery to the new one and the problem transferred to the new phone! I changed out the battery and the problem is now gone. Weird! The old battery held a charge well and didn't show any other sign of a problem. Is this a known problem?

I hope this post will help someone else that might stumble into this issue and keep them from thinking they need a new phone.
    05-28-09 10:31 PM
    Well, Li-Ion batteries have a few sensors in them.. they have overcharge and overheat sensors.. perhaps one went faulty and started to hum..

probably a good idea to get rid of it..if it's malfunctioning, you dont want to be on it, talking, with it near your head as it explodes.
    05-29-09 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD