So my 9700 bold battery usually drains at 3-4 % per hour on edge. I'm on wifi all day today and in an area with wifi coverage and I'm draining at 1.5%. This isn't the first time this happened. Isn't it supposed to drain more?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-27-10 06:00 PM
    I think it drains less if you are in a wifi area. If you leave wifi on when you are out of a area then it drains faster since it keeps looking for wifi connections. Just my take
    03-27-10 06:28 PM
    I'm impressed you know the rate at which your battery drains, and when that rate changes. ;-)
    03-28-10 10:28 AM
    I'm impressed you know the rate at which your battery drains, and when that rate changes. ;-)
    X2 - how do you do that?
    03-28-10 10:32 AM
    X2 - how do you do that?
    Meterberry
    03-28-10 11:39 AM
    It would drain less if your using wifi on a wif network, because it would use the wifi instead of the data connection, which would need less power and be faster. Great battery life though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 10:15 PM
    It would drain less if your using wifi on a wif network, because it would use the wifi instead of the data connection, which would need less power and be faster. Great battery life though!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    FALSE!

It's supposed to use more, because it keep the connection with the network(for incoming calls/SMS) + wifi connection instead of just keeping the network one.+

And yes meterberry is a really great app
    03-29-10 10:20 PM
    Does the 9700 have a native app that turns off Wi-Fi when not needed, or is an app such as Smart WiFi necessary? My Bold comes in today, and I'm thinking about ording this app for $.99 because it is on sale and would extend my batt life...but I've seen some apps that do things the Berry already does (such as My Pin app) and don't want to waste even a buck if the feature is native. I know (or expect) that I can turn Wi-Fi on/off as desired...but I don't want to have to THINK about it...isn't that what my SMART phone is for???

Thanks in advance.
    04-02-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD