My 8320 had been running fine for months, then I look at it after an hour and it had turned off, I turn it on again and it has the low battery sign and says 'Battery drained. Shutting down handheld'

I plugged it into my charger and it turns on but in the status menu it says it is on 0% battery and when I unplug it turns off straight away.
    When it is in the charger but off, it flashes the green light. I've tried two different batterys which do not work so I'm convinced it's a problem with the handheld.
    I can't make calls off it even when it's plugged in because battery is too low for the radio to work.
    I can't get a replacement as I bought the phone from a friend when their contract ran out.

Any help?
    Thanks
    03-21-09 05:59 AM
    Let it charge for a while and try again. If it still doesn't work, try a different battery; the battery might be going bad. How long had it been off the charger before it initially died?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-21-09 08:13 AM
    Charging does nothing and I've tried two different batterys and it hasn't worked.
    It had been out of the charger for about 8/9 hours.
    03-21-09 08:42 AM
    From what you are describing, it sounds as if your mini USB port
    is faulty/damaged. Either get it repaired, have your carrier
    warranty exchange it or purchase a charging pod.
    03-21-09 08:52 AM
    It can't be the USB port because it detects the charger and stays on but doesn't charge.
    Charging pod wont work because the new batteries didn't work and they had charge in them already.
    03-23-09 01:02 PM
    I'm having a similar issue right after I did the 4.5 upgrade. Although my battery does take a charge, it drains within an hour or so and shuts off. The battery life was good for 2 days before I upgraded the firmware.
    03-24-09 04:55 PM
    I'm having the same problem, had 4.3 then upgraded to 4.5 but still the same problem. Anybody ever figure this out?
    05-11-09 05:34 PM
    My 8320 had been running fine for months, then I look at it after an hour and it had turned off, I turn it on again and it has the low battery sign and says 'Battery drained. Shutting down handheld'

I plugged it into my charger and it turns on but in the status menu it says it is on 0% battery and when I unplug it turns off straight away.
    When it is in the charger but off, it flashes the green light. I've tried two different batterys which do not work so I'm convinced it's a problem with the handheld.
    I can't make calls off it even when it's plugged in because battery is too low for the radio to work.
    I can't get a replacement as I bought the phone from a friend when their contract ran out.

Any help?
    Thanks
    I have exact same issue and symptoms and have tried everything from a new battery, new desktop dock, leaving it connected to wall charger, leaving it connected to computer, leaving it connected to car charger, wiping OS with jl_cmder and re-intalling 4.5...can't be battery because device will remain on for hours with error 507 (no OS installed). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    05-19-09 01:55 PM
    Maybe its the OS then. Trying changing to the latest official OS

05-19-09 02:21 PM
    I'm having same prob with my 8320. Tried 2 brand new OEM battteries, 3 different chargers, downgrade & upgrade and no change. 8320 still says battery drained and powers off. I know batts fine as I've tried them in 8310, 8300 & 7100 and they're say fully charged.

Have you got it working yet?
    10-13-09 03:30 PM
    Tvfrog,
    Did you get a solution to this? I'm having the same issue (right after my 8320 fell out my hand) - I'm wondering what could have gotten damaged!
    01-04-10 03:57 AM
    still no solution? any help would be appreciated
    03-14-10 06:20 PM
    Looks like the common issue is the OS upgrade the simple solution is downgrade to your last OS and problem solved

03-14-10 08:26 PM
    I replaced the battery connector on my 8320 but am still having the same issue (i.e. battery drained and shutting down.)

Am now trying an OS update to the latest version.

Has anyone found a fix? Does a downgrade work?
    06-18-10 08:59 AM
    Try a new battery?
    06-18-10 12:02 PM
    same problem here, tried everything
    07-13-10 07:40 PM
    please help...should i buy a new phone? or there is a fix to this
    07-13-10 07:41 PM
    please help...should i buy a new phone? or there is a fix to this
    I am going to assume that with how long this thread is going on maybe you should buy a new phone.
    07-13-10 09:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD