Lately I will go to bed with a fully charged battery, yet in the morning it will only have 1/3 of a charge left. Should I disable gps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 07:24 AM
    I downloaded "Where" when it came out and it did the same for me. I just removed the app. and everything is fine now. My gps is not disabled and the battery doesn't drain down now.
    Last edited by Goalieparents; 03-12-09 at 07:39 AM.
    03-12-09 07:34 AM
    Yep your right. When I had my storm before I switch back to the curve my battery would drain all the time. I thought vzw gave me a refurb battery, so I look into my phopne setting and notice my gps was never turned off. When I stopped the gps my battery was at the full potential.

03-12-09 08:05 AM
    Lately I will go to bed with a fully charged battery, yet in the morning it will only have 1/3 of a charge left. Should I disable gps?

Having the GPS on won't significantly drain the battery. Having an application running in the background constantly refreshing your position will. If you have Poynt, Where or Google Maps installed, make sure you close them properly from the menu so they aren't running.
    03-12-09 08:09 AM
    also turn off bluetooth if not needed...I noticed that helped the battery life significantly....my BB was trying to detect every laptop/printer in the office. I keep GPS on and I don't see any problems with battery life.
    03-12-09 10:35 AM
    For every BB I've owned, GPS & bluetooth just sucked the juice out of my battery. I turn them off when I'm not using them
    03-12-09 10:44 AM
    Had the same problem w/o any gps installed. The tip I got worked for me. Leave phone on, drain battery till screen goes black. Charge up. Had to do it twice, but never a problem since.
    03-12-09 02:45 PM
    what about 3g? most of the time u dont need and it's drain u battery really fast specialy when u have problem with base station in u area.
    03-12-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";