Hi - my battery recently died out completely on me. When I recharged it, my memory card is no longer formatted. It says if I reformat, I will lose all the data on the card. I plugged the berry into my pc using the usb cable and the pc also says the card needs to be formatted. Have I lost all the data on the card?

Also, I'm wondering why my battery died so quickly today. I had it fully charged this morning and by 3 pm it was 20%. At that point, I turned off the wifi but it still went to 0% by 5 pm. I sent a few MMS, made a few calls (5-10 mins), and surfed the web for 5-10 mins but really not much more usage than normal. I usually keep Gmail, Opera Mini, and wifi running. Should I keep those off?

Thanks!
    10-24-09 09:25 PM
    If you haven't already re-formatted the the card, try plugging it directly into a computer and copying the data off and then re-format it and copy the data back.
    10-24-09 09:37 PM
    Two words "BATTERY INDICATOR",,!!!
    10-24-09 10:22 PM
    I didn't reformat because it said it would erase everything. I can't copy the data off the card because when I put it into the pc, the computer also says the card has not yet been formatted.
    10-24-09 10:28 PM
    There are 3rd party applications from Sandisk and Lexar and similar which can sometimes recover data from a Media card. Usually, they can work on deleted files. But maybe they can break through the "format" problem, too.

The BB was probably writing something to the card when it died and possible corrupted the directory/folder index making it look UNformatted or just plain bad.

Have you installed any new apps that might eating into the battery level?

Good luck
    10-25-09 12:47 AM
    It is a good idea to keep apps closed unless you are using them. That is the most likely reason your battery drained so quickly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 01:08 AM
    This has been happening to me....its happened twice now....anyone ever figure out why? And what is the fix so it doesn't keep happening?????
    10-17-11 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD