Have a quick question about charging, so ive had my javy for about 6 months now, running .250 and had no real issues until recently. My battery life was great, was getting 3 days out of a charge with my medium usage.

Now I can get through a day fine, but a second day... no chance. So I find myself charging every night. I do battery pulls every few days to keep fresh, but still battery seems to get worse and worse.

So, should i only be charging when my battery gets low? or does it really matter when i charge it... any experts who know how the batteries operate?

possibly just a bad battery? help!!

thanks all
    01-19-10 05:17 AM
    Great questions I would love to know the answers as well. I am always paranoid that I may be shorting my batteries life.
    01-19-10 06:12 AM
    Things I learned about the Blackberry battery is that you dont want it to always run totally dead , sometimes it happens but not a good thing to constantly allow. Its best to charge or bump it up instead of letting it run totally dead.
    I usually charge mine whenever it gets 30% or lower and even when I charge it I do not turn it off, this is the first phone I have had that I have done like this (I use to turn them off when Charging)
    There is a safety feature that actually will not allow you to "overcharge".I do not constantly have my phone on a charger tho ,usually charge at night when sleeping (phone is on) and sometimes bump it up before I leave work depending on how much I have used it .So far so good on my battery life 7 1/2 months old(battery/phone) and still performing like it always has.
    Last edited by DavidNC; 01-19-10 at 06:35 AM.
    01-19-10 06:30 AM
    i usually wait till i get to 1 bar left, depending on what im doing
    *Can i add a Question:
    Is it bad to charge it overnight. Is there such a thing as overcharging your battery?
    01-19-10 06:45 AM
    DavidNC's advice is correct. You can't overcharge your battery, and frequent recharging won't hurt it. You should try to avoid discharging it completely, as that will shorten its life. Battery pulls reboot your device and clear up a lot of problems, but won't help or hurt your battery life. I charge my battery overnight every night. I would expect you to get a year from a battery before beginning to see significantly shorter life. Yours seems to be failing sooner, but I don't see anything in what you wrote that suggests a reason.
    01-19-10 06:49 AM
    Lots of good information about battery science here: Welcome to Battery University

Be sure to read the part that concerns your battery type, lithium ion in most instances.
    01-19-10 07:24 AM
    I charge my battery overnight every night.
    I do the same. Never had any issues.
    01-19-10 09:04 AM
    Lots of good information about battery science here: Welcome to Battery University

Be sure to read the part that concerns your battery type, lithium ion in most instances.
    helpful link. thanks.
    01-19-10 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD