Lol, I seem to be getting a lot of those insults at the moment but I do try my hardest to remain civil and ignore them.
    This is the first time I checked this thread and surprise surprise, I find the exact same people here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 03:53 AM
    There is way too many registered members here for any of what you all describe to happen. What happens here is inevitable, you either take it or leave it...
    Perhaps it is inevitable, but forum rules dictate behaviour and therefore it will not be tolerated. If this were an unmoderated forum perhaps it would have to be tolerated by the members who choose to participate. But then the question would be why is it necessary to personally attack anyone? Can't a point be made or a thought articulated without resorting to behaviour that could only be expected from badly reared children?
    I don't accept that personal attacks and insults must be the norm *anywhere.* Why should someone have the right to insult and abuse over my right to enjoy this forum without being attacked for asking one simple question? Since when does negative have a right over positive?
    I don't believe that insults and provocation are the way to get a point across. And relentless bashing of anyone from forum to forum serves no purpose at all, other than to simply be insulting. No one, anywhere, has to accept that unless it is by mutual agreement. And I do not agree that anyone has a right to insult me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 06:56 AM
    *looks at join date and post count*

*looks at list of prior phones in my sig*

THIS a thousand times. I still have to assist my mom and sister with their BB's so I have to stay up on the os.

As far as the behavior of some of the Android and iPhone users, we have our own subforums and regularly get trolled by BB users who behave just as badly. So don't any of the BB users think they don't do it.

Discussing the shortcomings of BB isn't hating on BB. I stay here because I still have plenty of knowledge to be helpful, and I like to stay informed of RIM happenings because I wouldn't mind being a BB user again, once some of the key shortcomings have been addressed.

In some of the threads I do stand up for Android or iPhone devices because people sit there and bash on them so as to appear to be making themselves feel better about the devices they've chosen.

Folks should try to realize that every device out there has advantages and disadvantages, and none need to be bashed. There is a huge difference between rationally discussing pros and cons and bashing.

Oh, and by the way, unless you're the owner of this site, you shouldn't be trying to suggest who should and who should not be here. I can guarantee I've helped more folks here than you can imagine, and continue to do so. This is the case with many of the former BB users here.

I hate to break it to you, but the Android and iPhone users you find here aren't just here by chance. Nearly invariably we are here because we are former BB users/enthusiasts and like the people, discussion, and format here, and can even continue to help BB users with our knowledge of the platform.
    10-14-10 07:04 AM
    I wasn't talking about those that rationally discuss shortcomings I was referring to those that bash. NO need to take offense if you are not intentionally trying to offend current BB fans. Also, please don't insult my intelligence by suggesting that you need to "break it too me" and how helpful you have been LOL!!...obviously my suggestions were not directed towards someone like you. or were they? Good day. Thanks.
    You also aren't really helping your argument with the attitude and tone in this post. Glad to see it was toned down towards the end, but this was the kind of tone that usually starts the flaming...
    Last edited by reeneebob; 10-14-10 at 07:10 AM.
    10-14-10 07:06 AM
    You also aren't really helping your argument with the attitude and tone in this post. Glad to see it was toned down towards the end, but this was the kind of tone that usually starts the flaming...
    Attitude? Sorry you were mistaken. There was no attitude. I am sorry you felt that way. You really shouldn't impose your emotion or judgements onto someone else it's hurtful.
    Last edited by chadnichols; 10-14-10 at 08:06 AM.
    10-14-10 08:03 AM
    I'm putting my two cents in, soberly. I'm not an IPhone fanboy(my wife & five kids all have IPhones) because i prefer to control my phone, rather than the other way around. That being said, there is some merit to mike448's rant in the IPhone forum. In my opinion, RIM listens too much to the carriers, and not enough to the customers. Apple doesn't listen to anybody. They tell the carriers what to do, and in some ways that's better. They(Apple)have a better shot at quality control. I believe RIM sees Apple in their rear view mirror right now, but unless they start listening more to what the customers want, those positions could reverse over time.
    10-14-10 09:33 AM
    I'm putting my two cents in, soberly. I'm not an IPhone fanboy(my wife & five kids all have IPhones) because i prefer to control my phone, rather than the other way around. That being said, there is some merit to mike448's rant in the IPhone forum. In my opinion, RIM listens too much to the carriers, and not enough to the customers. Apple doesn't listen to anybody. They tell the carriers what to do, and in some ways that's better. They(Apple)have a better shot at quality control. I believe RIM sees Apple in their rear view mirror right now, but unless they start listening more to what the customers want, those positions could reverse over time.
    Much appreciated but uncertain to how this relates to my thread about those that bash others and their phone choices...are you intentionally trying to incite a debate by pitting RIM against Apple? What you have stated is your opinion and most welcome, however, I would be more interested in hearing your thoughts regarding the bullying some immature individuals display on threads. Which in most instances simply cause folks to not want to participate in the good intentions of these purposeful sites.
    10-14-10 09:52 AM
    Blackberry is the best, you can not get me to think anything else... It can't be done, I've tried everything out there so far and never have I even been the slightest bit tempted to actually leave BB, I've thought about it at points, but I have always stuck with RIM!
    10-14-10 02:52 PM
    Bullying is wrong, period! Some people have valid points about their phones, whatever they are, but are shouted down in print by others who say that their phone is the best, and all others suck. I'm saying that everyone has a right to speak their mind, that's what these forums are all about. EXCHANGE OF IDEAS. No matter how much you love your phone, you can't say that all others are no good, because people will think that you're an ***** and stop reading these forums to get help with their problem. Everything i've learned about my BB, has been taught to me on these forums. Nobody should be chased off these forums by some narrow minded ***** who thinks that only he's right, and everyone else is wrong.
    10-14-10 04:11 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD