Our Curve 8330's are always telling us that they "Cannot get GPS reception."

First, are there any hints about how to improve GPS reception? Of course, we always put the 8330 on the dashboard when this happens. But are there better orientations?

Second, has anybody tried a GNS 5870 external Blue tooth GPS?

Third, like most 8330 owners, my contract is almost up. Are there phones with better GPS (or websites that test phone reception that would rank phones by the quality or their recievers including GPS?)

Thanks,

Jamie
    12-08-10 10:26 AM
    If your GPS receiver is operating in Assisted GPS mode, then the problem may be with your ground signal. Small regional carriers often have problems providing a good ground signal. That shouldn't be a problem for Sprint, however.

I don't know any sites that rank the quality of GPS receivers. However, later generation GPS receivers in Verizon phones now operate in full Autonomous mode, which removes the need for a good ground signal. I don't know if Sprint phones operate in Autonomous mode or not. If they do, then a 9650 should give you better GPS receiver performance than you are getting from your 8330.
    12-19-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD