I'm talking about a charging bundle, not a phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:00 AM
    Ok, look at it another way. It's a flagship BlackBerry store (the only one in the world!), and they've only been open a few weeks. They're out of stock of a prime item already, and have no idea when it'll be back in stock. This doesn't happen in Apple, Samsung stores, etc. Crap service is crap service whichever way you look at it.

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately it does and it is not only limited to BBRY. I have had the experience of both Apple and Samsung prime items being out of stock in their stores, so in both cases I ended up ordering online.

In my opinion the OP is making a big issue out of something that is not.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    Last edited by web99; 08-07-13 at 07:17 AM.
    Moonbase0ne likes this.
    08-07-13 07:04 AM
    What about the scenario? Makes that your compliant more interesting?

So you went in Dubai to a BlackBerry store for a Z10 charger...

The shopassistant or shopmanager made a good decision in my opinion. Or did what he/she has ordered to. And just because your kind of customers (with scenario's) I am happy not to work in a shop...

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 + Q10 SQN100-3 + Apple IPad Mini 3G + Lenovo Ultrabook SSD (+ Playbook 32GB not in use). Carries MVNO Netherlands and DTAC Thailand.
    UnlimitedEra and web99 like this.
    08-07-13 07:07 AM
    What about the scenario? Makes that your compliant more interesting?

So you went in Dubai to a BlackBerry store for a Z10 charger...

The shopassistant or shopmanager made a good decision in my opinion. Or did what he/she has ordered to. And just because your kind of customers (with scenario's) I am happy not to work in a shop...

Blackberry Z10 STL100-2 + Q10 SQN100-3 + Apple IPad Mini 3G + Lenovo Ultrabook SSD (+ Playbook 32GB not in use). Carries MVNO Netherlands and DTAC Thailand.
    Good for you.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 07:38 AM
    Hi.

I would recommend against buying display sets whereby you might experience some form of complication in the future. Dealers' display sets are often being demo to the public and thus, those sets will go through high and low from consumers testing the products, which accidentally damage the sets. Secondly, dealers obtained display sets at a special rate from distributors and I am not sure, in the end, if anything "bad" happens, warranty claim is an issue.

Well, I personally think they did a good job on maintaining their stand. If I were a employer, I won't want my employees to sell anything that is not 100% working and in tip-top condition to the customers. Do I make sense?

Regards
    UnlimitedEra and web99 like this.
    08-07-13 07:53 AM
    Usually stores cannot sell any display products because it belongs to the store itself and is for personnel to use to obviously display the phones. Thats how it works at my store which is O2. You can't take it in a bad way and blame BlackBerry because you couldn't get a charger, its rules they have to work by.
    web99 likes this.
    08-07-13 09:48 AM
    I think you are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I've been shopping many times where I was told that they were out if stock and all they had was the display unit. I didn't blame the working staff for not selling it to me because I understand that they are only following the company's policy. Why should they break the rules for you? Because you are on holiday and will only be in town for a short time?

Sorry but it sounds to me like they did there job and treated you like they would have treated anyone else in your situation. Unless you were treated rudely and with disrespect, i don't really see the issue.
    web99 likes this.
    08-07-13 10:25 AM
    About time retail shops start selling display pieces to everyone!!! Who doesnt like empty front ends of shops anyways!
    08-07-13 10:27 AM
    If you had been one of their best customers, lived in the area, and frequented the store recently, and they still said no, I could somewhat understand your frustration. But as it is, its pretty standard.
    08-07-13 11:27 AM
    It's like someone park in an illegal zone running into a store and expect the cashier to hurry up because he is going to get a parking ticket. When he get the ticket he blame the store for bad service.
    FCSC and John Ho like this.
    08-07-13 11:34 AM
    It's the attitude I want it! I want it now! What part of demo is not for sale don't you understand? So you are going to abandon BB because of that? I bet it's not just the BB products you behave that way. Just about anything in your life. This is not about BB, this is about your need of instant gratification.
    It's kind of sad but this is the mentality of too many people these days. I can't believe the ******** I hear some of the time by grown adults!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 01:13 PM
    It's kind of sad but this is the mentality of too many people these days. I can't believe the ******** I hear some of the time by grown adults!

Posted via CB10
    If you and others read my original post, you may understand more clearly. I live in a country where the charging bundle is unavailable. I explained this to the store manager. Not having a charging bundle on display until their next delivery is hardly going to kill their sales. In these days of huge competition, going the extra mile to satisfy a customer is what companies should be doing - especially companies like BlackBerry who are fighting for their lives.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:23 PM
    If you and others read my original post, you may understand more clearly. I live in a country where the charging bundle is unavailable. I explained this to the store manager. Not having a charging bundle on display until their next delivery is hardly going to kill their sales. In these days of huge competition, going the extra mile to satisfy a customer is what companies should be doing - especially companies like BlackBerry who are fighting for their lives.

Posted via CB10
    Now you write that you mentioned in your first post that the product was not available in your home country.

Regardless you are right and there are no retailers or online retailers who can supply you; the situation or 'scenario' is still the same: the shopassistant or manager did his job.

And to blame BlackBerry as a company because a shopassistant declines you to sell a demo product is a little bit strange isn't it?

08-07-13 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    I didnt even know about a charging bundle up until I read this thread. Anyway people like me would walk into the store and get intrigued by it, wait till its in stock and get it. So yea there is a chance of losing sales of these charger bundles without having a display piece. And even if that wasnt the case, as I mentioned most retail stores have a strict policy about display pieces.

Have you tried ordering it from the CB store? Check if they ship where you live.!
    08-07-13 03:37 PM
    Now you write that you mentioned in your first post that the product was not available in your home country.

Regardless you are right and there are no retailers or online retailers who can supply you; the situation or 'scenario' is still the same: the shopassistant or manager did his job.

And to blame BlackBerry as a company because a shopassistant declines you to sell a demo product is a little bit strange isn't it?

Not really, he works for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:51 PM
    I didnt even know about a charging bundle up until I read this thread. Anyway people like me would walk into the store and get intrigued by it, wait till its in stock and get it. So yea there is a chance of losing sales of these charger bundles without having a display piece. And even if that wasnt the case, as I mentioned most retail stores have a strict policy about display pieces.

Have you tried ordering it from the CB store? Check if they ship where you live.!
    They don't ship to Russia.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 03:51 PM
    Boo hoooo, poor little customer who always think he's right can't have what he wants. Cry me a river op it's called a display model for a reason.
    08-07-13 03:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    And it is NOT available in their store as it had been sold out. What about that do you not understand?
    08-07-13 03:58 PM
    Send him to Ferrari world!

QNX posted via CB10
    monil11 likes this.
    08-07-13 04:04 PM
    Oh well......
    More incidents that proof BlackBerry is going bankrupt
    A bundle that determines BlackBerry future.....

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you had read some of the other posts there are reasons that vendors cannot sell displays to individuals it has little to do with actually having the display available for people to see it though yes that is a motivator.

I am sorry you feel wronged about this but at the end of the day just cause you didn't get your way didn't mean they were in the wrong.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 04:28 PM
    They don't ship to Russia.

Posted via CB10
    Gotta give it to this guy for not losing his s*** even after all the hate that he is getting. Anyway I still don't think you can at a store for not selling you a display piece. I understand that if this was a small retailer with very flexible policies, but it isn't and that's that.

Either way hope you find your bundle in one of the online retailers that will ship to you. Try eBay and other classifieds. All the best.

Posted via CB10
    shellnsean likes this.
    08-07-13 04:32 PM
47 12