Here's the scenario: I'm English, live in Moscow, and I'm currently on holiday in Dubai. I own a Z10 and went to the BlackBerry store in the Dubai Mall to buy a charger bundle. I asked a member of staff for one and was told they'd sold out. I then saw one on display and asked to buy it, only to be told it was a display model and it couldn't be sold. I clarified that it was an actual product, not a dummy, and asked again to purchase it. To cut a long story short, after a long discussion with the manager, they still refused to sell it. I explained that I was only in Dubai for a short time, but still no joy. I've been a BlackBerry user for years and have no desire to use any other brand, but this pathetic level of customer service makes my blood boil, and I fear for the company's future.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 02:50 PM
    Its the same attitude of blackerry personal in india also. I bet with this response what would be the furure?
    08-06-13 03:01 PM
    Weird, sadly the image of a company sometimes can be damaged just from a manager/personnel
    08-06-13 03:05 PM
    It's not blackberrys fault a retail store wouldn't sell you a display model. Also, it's their right to not sell a display model if they choose. This isn't something to get mad about.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:05 PM
    I think it is a good idea to always keep a demo model so that people who don't know it exists can order it. You know what you wanted, but that's not the case for everyone.

Beside, when I was working in a computer store, we would also refuse to sell demos because they have been manipulated and used and we didn't need an angry customer coming back with it telling us he paid the full price and it had to work.

And as said before, you shouldn't be so quick to generalise a single BlackBerry store manager to the entire multi billions dollars company to predict their future.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 03:12 PM
    Many times have not been able to buy demos, its usually happens when theres a huge sale and the only one left is the demo.
    08-06-13 03:17 PM
    Its the same attitude of blackerry personal in india also. I bet with this response what would be the furure?
    - I have had no Issues with the 'BlackBerry' (not blackerry) .. stores in India
    08-06-13 03:19 PM
    Unfortunately this is the way things go. Even if it is just a retail store and BlackBerry wasn't "directly involved" in this case, the fact the store is branded BlackBerry is what counts. If a consumer has a bad experience in said store, BlackBerry is the one they think of.
    08-06-13 03:23 PM
    Its a display model. Cannot be sold or what so ever. They have the rights to refuse selling it. Its like you wanting to buy a z10 display model. Even in apple store, virgin, plug-ins, wallmart, bestbuy, and jacky's you cant buy an item on display. And if anyone did, they're breaking the mart rules.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-06-13 03:40 PM
    That is common for any retailer to refuse to sell a display model.
    08-06-13 03:46 PM
    If they sold you the display model, they'd have nothing to display.

Fired from my Z10
    08-06-13 03:58 PM
    Agreed. It's probable that you're mad at how they handled this situation, as opposed to being mad at not selling you the charger.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 04:11 PM
    Here's the scenario: I'm English, live in Moscow, and I'm currently on holiday in Dubai. I own a Z10 and went to the BlackBerry store in the Dubai Mall to buy a charger bundle. I asked a member of staff for one and was told they'd sold out. I then saw one on display and asked to buy it, only to be told it was a display model and it couldn't be sold. I clarified that it was an actual product, not a dummy, and asked again to purchase it. To cut a long story short, after a long discussion with the manager, they still refused to sell it. I explained that I was only in Dubai for a short time, but still no joy. I've been a BlackBerry user for years and have no desire to use any other brand, but this pathetic level of customer service makes my blood boil, and I fear for the company's future.

Posted via CB10
    No offense. But I think the over the top customer service that some have come to expect isn't quite part of the cultural fabric in a lot of countries. I'm Spanish, but was born in Canada, and every time I visit Spain customer service representatives act like they're doing me a favor instead of providing a service. I also felt this way in Dubai when I went there. It's not so much the company per se but how the people in the store are. By far the best customer service I receive is in the states.

Posted via CB10
    FCSC and slowrvr like this.
    08-06-13 04:20 PM
    If they sold you the display model, they'd have nothing to display.

Fired from my Z10
    As simple as it ought to be.....

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-06-13 04:21 PM
    Yah OP, hate to say it but they don't have to sell the display and pbly right not to sell it as its the display. What happens if they sold it to you and the next person coming in just looks for it and doesn't ask about it. They will be on here saying . "OMG BB store doesn't even carry a charger for their phone. Nail in coffin this company is dead..." etc.

There is many times I've been to Best Buy/Future Shop, that they won't sell display. Sorry to hear that you can't charge your phone. Maybe go back to the BB store and ask one of the Sales Rep or Manager to let you charge your phone while you go shopping for 1hr?
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    08-06-13 04:33 PM
    The silver lining here is that they were sold out.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and ibpluto like this.
    08-06-13 04:36 PM
    Maybe go back to the BB store and ask one of the Sales Rep or Manager to let you charge your phone while you go shopping for 1hr?
    Gahahaha this made my day lol.
    :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    08-06-13 04:40 PM
    Almost no store will sell the display. I don't see why it's a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 06:25 PM
    I've never known a display model to be for sale unless it was a discontinued item.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-06-13 06:43 PM
    It's the attitude I want it! I want it now! What part of demo is not for sale don't you understand? So you are going to abandon BB because of that? I bet it's not just the BB products you behave that way. Just about anything in your life. This is not about BB, this is about your need of instant gratification.
    08-06-13 08:01 PM
    You know what the funny thing is? There are about 20 other shops in the same mall (Dubai mall) where you were at, that would sell you the charger. It comes of from your post and many other people replying also seem to assume that because of your bad experience you had at the BlackBerry store u weren't able to get a charger and that experience put you in a bad situation.

Maybe if you just noticed the large number of big and small electronic retailers, you could have just got one from there.

And about the experience itself, can't blame any store that doesn't want to sell its display piece. Display pieces are always dealt with separately in professional retail shops. Since I live in Dubai I can say that they could have maybe treated you better as a customer. Customer service is slightly sub par here. If it was me, I would definitely point you to one of the other shops when you explained that you weren't gonna be here for long, since at that point I would know I wasn't going to get the sale at a later date either.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-13 08:01 PM
    Umm no i couldn't buy the demo galaxy tab at future shop. You can't buy demos. Stupid thread.

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    08-06-13 08:06 PM
    Ok, look at it another way. It's a flagship BlackBerry store (the only one in the world!), and they've only been open a few weeks. They're out of stock of a prime item already, and have no idea when it'll be back in stock. This doesn't happen in Apple, Samsung stores, etc. Crap service is crap service whichever way you look at it.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:47 AM
    Stores usually never sell display models for two reasons. Warranty issues and they like to reserve one unit for display always.

I'm not sure why someone would be angry be the store refused to sell you something that is a display piece. A lot of buyers would infact not Accept a display unit even if the store is willing to sell.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:51 AM
    The other retailers don't sell the charging bundle.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-13 06:59 AM
47 12